1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

the 'Anyone going to Boxhill today?' thread

Discussion in 'Rideouts & Events' started by Chris, Jun 30, 2013.

1. Was going to Box this morning, all I had to do was complete the oil change I started yesterday. I like to leave the oil to drain overnight, so yesterday after the Bury hill ride I undid an oil union, mistaking it for the drain plug as I was doing it by feel as my knackered neck isn't quite up to laying on the ground to identify the proper nut to undo.
    This morning I couldn't get the oil union bolt to engage with the thread so after 1/2 hour of frustration I decided to remove the fairing to enable better visibility. Eventually got the bolt back in, filled up with oil and realized there was a broken fairing lug that really needs attention, so no ride for me today!

2. shame John, but pleased you finally got there.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. Back at box hill now

4. was above auto-plotted via a tracker L or was that your proposed route which you then followed?

5. Just to remind myself of what's it's like to be warm Chris I watched a vid of my clumsy attempt to film a ride along one of my favorite beaches in India clutching my camera in my hand and riding one handed.

• Like Like x 2
  6. It was random Chris just recorded with my tracker app on android

7. Have you gone to Newlands Corner yet? - you're not far away.

8. I started at Newlands just had idea to start tracker bit down the road.

9. @Chris have you seen your member status: wearing testicles forehead :Wideyed:

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • Nuke Post Nuke Post x 1
  10. for a mere £5 you too could be enjoying similar nomenclatural luxury E..... :Smuggrin:

#5031 Chris, Feb 22, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2015
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Chris you know those roads on that map I posted?

I have found a Xmas tree farm, had to go off road due to well cause I was thinking it is the right thing to do and had 2 wheels of the ground on small bridge but that was not planned.

Scared the hell out of me.

• Like Like x 2
  12. yes I feel sure have done 99% of roads on your map L - I like the airborne bit! let's do it again next weekend with cameras ready : )

13. Fuck no no more airborn. It goes very smooth, engine revs up and then it goes bang and wobbly as fuck. No thank you. I did it as well while overtaking....... Been bit stupid today.

• Funny Funny x 1

14. Chris and I are unique :)

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1

15. Just today Luca!!!
    ;)

16. We can count ourselves lucky :Wideyed:

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Yes Ducbird just today, normally I am at the back of the pack so am not stupid-er then the guy in fornt :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  18. Special...

In the local authority meaning of the word.

19. needs :Happy:

Do Not Sell My Personal Information