1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

the 'Anyone going to Boxhill today?' thread

Discussion in 'Rideouts & Events' started by Chris, Jun 30, 2013.

1. that is quite a scary picture Martin - do we need to check the DNA of the 'meat' in your Barbie? :smile:

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. It's me that needs a check up from the neck up, nothing wrong with my meat Chris

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Excuse me I am a married man unlike the lothario who is @Cupid Stunt

• Like Like x 1
    • Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  4. I meant for barby invite :D

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. you wouldn't turn up anyway ;)

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  6. [​IMG]

7. Awww don't be like that
    It's the thought that counts ;)

8. This is the sign we have up in our house @Chris

image.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  9. thoroughly approve :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  10. Oi what are you trying to imply ?

• Funny Funny x 2
  11. I'm guessing they think the only reason you go to 'Box Hill' as that you mistook the title of the place for something else [emoji51]

I seem to be missing something though. As per my thread in 'what have you done today?', I had a spare couple of hours yesterday so went to Box Hill (about (1630ish) hoping to find some Mecca of amazing roads but was just met by a crap load of traffic and a load of 30/40mph roads. After seeing you lot go on about it, I was expecting more [emoji20]

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  12. okay i'll take that bait - saw your other thread with similar to above and sorry to hear you didn't find any roads that met your taste but just so you know - this thread is only about a conveniently positioned meeting up place - nothing more, nothing less and you won't find anything by this poster that suggests otherwise but have to say I have been to a lot of worst places. If you post that you're coming next time you could maybe meet the 'gang' but then again, I can't guarantee you won't be disappointed :smile:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. No Satzoomer is suggesting I am a gigolo :)
    Not surprised you was met with a ton off traffic stupid time of day to travel up the A24 IMHO

• Like Like x 1
  14. Wasn't being antagonistic, was merely open to suggestions of routes or something. As I've said, new to the area and just trying to relocate what it is I love about riding and what I miss from my old haunts.

15. There are a few good routes around Box Hill. The trick is to get off the A24 asap :)

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. Where are you based fella?

17. Upper Hartfield, East Sussex. I'd been on the bike all day so did get a bit ratty in the saddle and just got the arse ache (literally) and rolled straight through Box Hill and headed home for dinner. Saw a load of bikes headed there as I left though (including one new DVT)

18. Obviously my sense of humour did not translate well in written form :(
    Come out of Box hill and head south on the A24 go straight across the Dorking roundabout maybe a mile of single carriage way then hit a huge dual carriage way, you will do two lots of them before hitting single carriage way again which is nice n twisty, then from there head for the A29 another nice bit of road, then at Billingshurst jump on A272 heading west stay on it for 40 odd miles and you will hit Loomies :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. We're not far from each other, I'm in Furnace Wood, Felbridge.
    Few of us meet at Box or P&H and ride from there.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Well I've finally got the engine rebuilt but now have a leaky fork. Should get that sorted this weekend so fingers crossed my painful start with the Multi will be over soon and I can pop down again.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information