1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

the 'Anyone going to Boxhill today?' thread

Discussion in 'Rideouts & Events' started by Chris, Jun 30, 2013.

1. Was thinking of breakfast at the Chalet?
    9-ish.

2. I will be in Box 11-ish

3. I will be at Box 11:30 ish mate

4. I think most of us are heading for the Chichester bike show.
    I would join you at the Chalet Ricky but better coffee & grub at The Foundry motorcycle breakfast I think which is a stones throw from the Chi show. I aim to be there 9.30ish. The real reason I'm popping in there? They mixed an old MultiStrada with a 999 & I wanna see this mother :)
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1434841483.825921.jpg
    Foundry Motorcycle Limited
    Unit 7, Littlemead Business Centre
    Tangmere Road
    Shopwhyke
    West Sussex, PO20 2EU
    United Kingdom

• Like Like x 2
  5. Another 3 shows today featuring David Coates at Box

image.jpg

6. Hope to get up there after Chi. I hope last show is late ish pm.

7. Polished the Yama hahahaha so will give it a runout after 10 ish when the Mrs and her girls do this Father's Day shit (oooop) said the SSS word, so have a window for a few hours and will join the Yams at Box

image.jpg

8. ^ MTO seven and MTO nine derivatives available for a 40 minute run out even if its only to get your free T-shirt :smile: Demo organiser has a friendly laid-back approach to ride outs, quite enjoyed it.

9. Chris I presume both parts of licence are needed and a waiver signed
    Do they let you out on your own, or organised bimble?
    Might see you there later about 11:30ish with vince.

10. Only photo part of license needed and no, have to go out with the chaperones

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  11. I'll be over to box hill this afternoon at some point, I'm going off to look at a bike at 1100.

12. What you on Rob?

13. Still on the ss but looking at an old FZR 1000.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. I was out this morning with Stuart at The Foundry and then the Chichester Classic/Custom Bike Fair. Good fun and it's the first ride out I've had where I've accompanied a diesel bike :)

Father's Day duties for this afternoon but I may be out to Box, etc this evening if time allows.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Welcome to the land of the rising sun

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. That's very kind of you Martin, you know I had a YDS3 in 1974 though ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. That's very kind of you Martin, you know I had a YDS3 in 1974 though ;)

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  18. Took the oportunity to have an organised ride out on the Yamaha my09 at the Box hill Yamaha extravaganza. Loved the bike, from the first moment sitting on it felt right. Oodles of linear torque from the eager triple engine, great brakes, good instruments and gear indicator, didn't manage to work the engine very hard as we were chaperoned, but felt like it had plenty of power.
    A small but significant point ( Ducati take note!) Superb grippy footrests as standard.
    The only thing I didn't like which I heard repeated from other riders and was pre warned by the Yamaha people was the horn button is too close to the indicators, and the Mode button was also too close to the hazard switch, issues which will quickly be addressed no doubt.
    Now wearing my free Yamaha T shirt.

19. Was at Box til late morning, saw Chris and the mythical 851!
    Good "eh oop!" Comedy compere for the stunt show...reminiscent of Blackpool Pier variety turn!

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information