1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

the 'Anyone going to Boxhill today?' thread

Discussion in 'Rideouts & Events' started by Chris, Jun 30, 2013.

1. Belts are unmarked...no groove like before. Good...but....they do feel quite loose compared to when we put them on. Tension pulleys are still tight - can't turn them with reasonable spanner force.
    Perhaps that's what the belts do after a couple of hundred miles?

2. still at Box, apparently it was Riverview today..

3. Who cares???
    We had a lovely day anyway after the rain stopped. Met with Stuart at some swanky cricket club full of Chopper boys and Crystal John turned up to judge the ' I've spent the most money' award!!
    Ploughed back to Bury Hill for tea, bloomin shut!
    So went to Box Hill at Warp 9 speed (well me anyway chasing a looney on something!!)
    Cracking day.

4. I met a very nice Italian man who had a 1994 888 Strada. He'd bought it brand new and picked it up at the factory. It had 40000kms on it and was immaculate. Che bella!
    He also had a 888 race bike from the same time that he was considering chopping in for a common or garden D16RR....
    Nice.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Found myself riding through the rain to Riverview first thing. Not a bad turnout considering.
    [​IMG]
    Then onto Horley & the V8 Mentalists car meet up.
    [​IMG]
    And lastly, after visiting P&H, I rode to the Slinfold custom bike show to meet up with Chris, Pete & John.
    [​IMG]

Stuart

• Like Like x 2
  6. Was that Slinfold Cricket Club??

7. It was indeed

8. Splendid venue for a bike show.
    Do feel that the purity of my design appreciation faculties have been irreparably damaged seeing that engraved chopper though.

9. Thank you for a reminder of what a proper motorcycle looks like Chris.

I have booked myself in for some therapy sessions to hopefully ameliorate the damage caused by the Chopper engravings!

• Like Like x 1
  10. That bike is John Gibbs new build Manx Norton.It was parked between two Hardly Ableson old school choppers.

11. Two Dewcati sightings at the weekend. Chatting to a nice chap on a Diavel at a place called Broadway Tower (in that there Cotswolds) who was coming back from a traily day in Wales. Anyone off here?

Also a standard 899 rolled into the H café at around 4.30 Saturday arvo. Didn’t say hello as was otherwise engaged. Bike looked and sounded sweet.

12. Sorry that I missed you Mervyn, I only went there on a last minute whim after hearing Stuart was going. There is a similar show on at Dragons green on 6 August, could meet up there if you are up to it.

13. Hi Chris
    No problem Chris=I didn't actually go to the show.John sent me a picture of his Triton,parked between two Harleys,via Facebook.
    A meet up,subject to the 'Usual terms and conditions' ha,ha. would be good Chris,as always.
    Perhaps a cuppa before then at some time.Weather could be a little more settled though,just started to rain again now in grey Horsham.
    Could quite fancy another highly rated sausage sandwich down at the Aerodrome.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Myself, @MissPineapple @Sam1199S and a few others are heading down to the Dianese ladies event on Saturday at Boxhill. @MissPineapple wants to find some leathers that fit her hot italian figure and the rest of us just like looking at hot ladies in leather.

• Like Like x 2
  15. I will stay on weather watch alert for the coming weeks Mervyn.

• Like Like x 1
  16. And you must take plenty of racy photos for us sad old gits who don't get out much.:upyeah:

17. What's the gen on the leather event??

18. image.png
    Apologies for text quality, it's just as bad on the original.

#7700 Chris, Jul 11, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2016
Do Not Sell My Personal Information