1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

the 'Anyone going to Boxhill today?' thread

Discussion in 'Rideouts & Events' started by Chris, Jun 30, 2013.

1. Glad you got back in one piece Chris.Hopefully will be able to join you for a spin in the not to distant future.:upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  2. Journey home was interesting to say the least!!
    The gusts of wind and the amount of tree debris in the road, I was hit twice with some fairly hefty pieces of tree!!
    A tree also fell down and blocked the A24 at the Texaco roundabout, lane closed!!

3. I was over there too but must have left just before you arrived. I did get home before the deluge came and it was nice to get out on the bike at last.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Ditto. Riding from Five Oaks onward was like riding through the Gates of Mordor. Almost blown off the bike three or four times & lots of stuff on the road. Nothing like the large sack of crap I stopped to haul from the Tarmac before Buck Barn lights but dodgy all the same.
    Bit different from the rather pleasant day at Goodwood watching aeroplanes :) ImageUploadedByTapatalk1390673938.732566.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1390673938.732566.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  5. Just come up the a32. 4 trees down between corhampton and Alton

6. Loads have come down apparently...
    @SurreyRoadCops tree down on Old Road, Dorking (Lower Box Hill Road/ Lower Boxhill Farm after railway bridge) only access to Rh4 1nt ....@SurreyRoadCops: So many trees down tonight. Feel free to tweet any you find for others info but report them by phone as can't monitor 24/7 use #surreyroads

7. I have been called out by work, tree's down all over the place Radio Surrey came on with the traffic, and it was classed as a storm which came across, and has caused issues on the roads and rail, roll on tomorrow, got to work all day grrrrr

8. Looks like I left just at the right time
    Wind died after I dropped off bury hill and had a nice clear ride home
    Just shows the change an hour can make :-/
    Good to hear all made it home ok

• Like Like x 1
  9. It was a little interesting. like others I was nearly blown off the road and slowed to 20 just to keep the bike upright. going through chiddingfold I saw a police bike on its side on the service station forecourt. now the bike is all tucked up until next weekend apart from when I get her out for a wash. I cant believe how dirty it got on the return home.

10. Thought I'd take my 1199 out for a blast after a few months of sitting in the garage. Popped down to box hill around 3pm, not many bikes and no Ducati's around . Surprisingly bike started first time after sitting from Aug/sept with no charger. Met a couple of dukes (monsters) on the way home possibly heading to rykas. Missed all the crap weather glad everyone on here was okay. AC

11. Didn't know we had a 'Stealth Biker' operating in the area....
    @SurreyRoadCops: Stealth biker stopped a chap on his phone, driver had an expired (suspended) licence, so vehicle's seized too. #M25 http://t.co/H9QVytTJ6w
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1390746370.488151.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1390746370.488151.jpg

12. I saw that RT in Cobham earlier, something else to watch out for

13. Wtf are plod doing tweeting photos of people, who are yet to be proven of guilt probably, on a feed?

14. in this case guilty until proven even more guilt, well done plod 3 out of 3, Mobile, Licence, and a tow away kerching.....

the Police have been doin a stake out at Hampton Court in the mornings by the river, there's a foot path set higher than the traffic, they have a Policeman ( plain clothed ) with an ear piece/microphone he watches the cars, and they then get pulled in 100m away, by the high viz plod.

Stealth at its best

• Like Like x 1
  15. Its not the catching its the publicising it. Like 'arent we great'. Politics at its best.

Maybe its the Super's way of saying 'you still need us, even tho there are less police and far less crime than in 40 years, you still need us...'

16. And before anyone starts, this isnt plod bashing, if it were amy public service I'd have the same opinion. They are not selling anything

17. ^ amazed Andy's 'plod-dar' hasn't picked this up yet :)

18. And I'm sure Andy would agree: its all top brass ego and being down wi da kids and using these PR peolpe to creat their own 'brands' :rolleyes:

19. That RT is an FJR

Do Not Sell My Personal Information