1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Distinguished Gentlemens Ride 2015

Discussion in 'Rideouts & Events' started by El Toro, Aug 5, 2015.

1. I have tried the first page keeps going back to the donation box
    I have put my donation in it but it won't accept it
    It's says a min of £2 :Angelic::Smuggrin:

If I could get to PayPal I would press the bloody thing :mad::Oldman:

2. @Ducbird are you trying this on a phone? If so do it on a pc/laptop instead :)

3. Yes I'm doing on phone

4. A few photos I took at the London DGR at Borough on Sunday:

20150927_Distinguished G ride 1.jpg

20150927_Distinguished G ride 2.jpg

20150927_Distinguished G ride 1.jpg

#25 Pete1950, Sep 28, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2015
    • Like Like x 1
  5. 20150927_Distinguished G ride 5.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  6. 20150927_Distinguished G ride 3.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  7. 20150927_Distinguished G ride 4.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  8. @Ducbird - have you worked out how to send me some dosh yet? ;)

9. Do it on a PC /laptop. That will sort it.

10. No not yet
    Will need to fire up the old windows may take a few days :)

11. Use one of your kids pc's :p

12. From the Leeds ride (I didn't take this but I do appear in it quite a lot :) )

• Like Like x 3
  13. Thank you @Ducbird for your very generous donation:upyeah:

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. No way my bank account will be emptied :Wideyed:

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. Do we get too find out how much money was rinced out of the seemingly well intenioned fools*?

*See pre-apologize statement on other thread.

16. As today is the final day for donating to this fantastic cause I would just like to say a huge, huge, huge thank you to all those that donated and sponsored me for this years' Distinguished Gentlemans Ride 2015 in aid of Prostate Cancer research!

As I have said before doing this ride was not arduous. Nor was it was not difficult (unless you count trying to dodge traffic in and around Leeds difficult). It was not a Tough Mudder "personal challenge" or "endurance" type of event. It was fun! Huge fun with like minded people/bikers all wanting to help a great cause!! (and probably "show off" a little at the same time ;) )

Like many people around the world me and my family have been affected by cancer in recent times, so when this opportunity to help came along I felt compelled to help and raise awareness of prostate cancer in the UK and globally and to help raise awareness of the efforts of greater minds than mine, to find a cure for this horrible disease.

And the fact that I, with your fantastic help, managed to raise a lot of money to go towards that end means such a lot to me. You really can't imagine how much it means too me and Prostate Cancer UK.

Finally thank you, once again, to all your donations and support as I/we managed to raise a massive £1354 (approx US$2166) for the cause!!!

Thank you all so much, I really appreciate it!

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!
    :) :) :)

PS. At the time of writing this, the worldwide amount raised for this years event stands at US$2,231,769. Let's hope this helps find that elusive cure!!

• Like Like x 3
  17. Well done great cause.

18. The 2016 Distinguished Gentlemans Ride

Apparently the 2016 Distinguished Elderly Gentlemen's Ride is fixed for Sunday 25 September. Note in your diaries please.

Somehow I feel more strongly incentivised to raise money for prostate cancer research even than I did last year.

• Agree Agree x 2
Do Not Sell My Personal Information