1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Euros

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Expat Jack, Jun 14, 2024.

1. Judging by what the commentators said, it was the official who made the mistake by entering the wrong number on the board

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  2. There are no awards in this competition for the team who were the most entertaining.

Should England win no matter how ‘ugly’ they played the history books will still show the win which is what counts as you stated.

• Like Like x 3
  3. Hopefully the next game ends something like this game did.

4. You could see by Bellingham’s face it was a touchline mistake. Like ‘are you sure??’

5. “It’s tournament football” that’s what I have to keep telling myself.

to be fair I’ve seen some worse games than that, although I did watch it up the pub so watched it through my beer goggles :bucktooth:

Dare I say it we could go on to win the whole dammed thing with possibly the worst overall performance of any of the teams taking part.

The kind of thing the Germans usually do?

#225 Ackers, Jul 7, 2024
    Last edited: Jul 7, 2024
  6. Trippier was interviewed last night and said Southgate gives the players freedom to get people on the edge of their seats & it's the players responsibility to do that. So perhaps it's not Southgate & the tactics but the players who are rubbish - I suspect it might be a combination of all three.

To be fair they did look a lot more assured & cohesive last night whilst showing no real threat. Much better when they went one down & injected pace, movement & speed of pass into the game. At lleast we are improving game on game.

It might have been better if Kane had collided with the water bottle after 30 mins... he looks woefully out of sorts & is doing a fine impression of Ronaldo by being totally static in the box waiting for the ball come to him.

As has been said quality penalties by all & how Toney does that Lord only knows & I think it was the first time I have ever seen Saka smile.

7. The playing of dull, boring football has not been the reserve of just England, though.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  8. You clearly don’t watch him play for Arsenal

• Like Like x 1
  9. If Kane was any more static he’d have taken root and his immobility is a big contributory factor to the reason why at times England look as if they’re playing over-50s walking football. Saka was a notable exception who ran his two markers ragged, but Kane wasn’t there to receive his crosses. He’s clearly not fully fit and it’s not helped by the fact that he’s playing out of position, but does Southgate have the minerals to drop him, or at least leave him on the bench until the second half when he can be subbed on as fresh(ish) legs?

• Agree Agree x 4
  10. Exactly, I always thought forwards should gamble as to where the ball will be & make near/far post runs... someone like Watkins provides a lot more movement perhaps paired with Toney?

11. Correct... too tight me to subscribe to any of the sports channels & only catch MotD.

Besides if I did want to pay subscriptions for footie why would I want to watch the rs when there is a glittering array of international stars playing cultured football at the Hawthorns... COYB. :p:D

• Like Like x 1
  12. Yo! Pardy time!!!

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. Smethwick FC?

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. Bostin :upyeah:

• Like Like x 2

15. Our Kid:)

• Like Like x 1
  16. Well done on penalties, well taken.
    BUT, Southgate repeatedly rides his luck starting with a lacklustre 11.
    Substitutions are late and the team has always looked much better afterwards.
    Which begs the question about the starting 11 choice.
    Kane?
    Static, slow, just back from injury.
    Portugal made the mistake of building the team around Ronaldo and leaving top players out. Imo Southgate has reoeated this kind of mistake.

• Agree Agree x 3
  17. Spain may have looked good but they'll be up against it when they play England in the final... :D

• Funny Funny x 3
  18. Still a two horse race in a final. Remember Wimbledon beating Liverpool? Or fekin Sunderland beating Leeds? The jammy, cheating mackem bar stewards….

19. c'mon ENGLAND
    0-0 with a win on pens

• Funny Funny x 2
  20. We’ve not seen many goal fests this Euros have we?

Well not since Scotland went home anyways…. BAAAHH HA HA HA HA HA HA…. Etc… :joy:

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information