1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Look....

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by comfysofa, Mar 26, 2015.

1. Very well put that man!

• Like Like x 2
  2. Its true though, I didnt do a lot to my old 848 Evo just full system and screen and that was enough for me, the 848 street fighter has not been modded well apart from arrow cans and tail tidy but the day I saw it (stock) i was wow look at that.
    The 1199 I have gone a lot further I liked the look of it standard but I wanted it to stand out more so poured a few quid on it. Gonna be a pain in the ass to keep clean but hey ho such is life.
    Since blinging the Panni I am now considering a few bits for SF though, some levers, bar end mirrors, 1199 indicators if they will fit and some carbon but am a little poor at the mo so will have to wait.
    As for my latest addition to the Ducati family I am not sure what to do with that yet, have got a tail tidy to go on, it has a full system (Termi) and will get a screen for it as for the rest I dunno yet, prob levers and swap the pegs out.

3. Yep....thats the way i felt about my new purchase....re the first pic....saw that, thought.....that. looks. Baddass....the neat rsv4 style rear, wide central mass and the way the bar end mirrors are like a kind of doberman with its ears up...lovely.

4. You're just a bloody hooigan really aren't you :) but to be fair thats how I feel when I ride the SF :)

5. Yep....dont feel my age....hooligan garage soon to be with fat zed in there as well!
    20150326_222440.jpg
    ktm is on the home straight...being wired up by a mate at the moment but slow going as hes been away working and just been off sick for 2 weeks....may be in a state to ride end of next week.

• Like Like x 1
  6. That zed is as much hooligan as Compo

7. :Sorry:.....

8. The KTM is ok but I think you might be a little disappointed in it.
    I had the 690 enduro R, I turned into a supermoto but unfortunately as much fun as it was it was missing a certain something, I could never quite put my finger on it but it certainly lacked something.

9. Well...ive not ridden it yet...when i bought it from my mate i wheeled it out of his van straight in the garage and set about it with the spanners...the carb has beenu tuned on a 450 ktm and had the pumper mod one which im assured will make it, i quote....go like a cunt...the lad who did the carb reckons itll lift off the throttle in 4th....have to wait and see if the proof is in the pudding....as it were...

10. He aint fibbing mate, mine used to lift in 4th, it's a proper wheelie devil but thats where it ends, loads of fun at low speed upto about 70 anything over that forget it.

11. Thats fine, exactly what i want...use will be for in town, heavy traffic....pure mess around bike....even when its all back together ill probably take the front end of again to get for outer fork tubes anodized black and probably do something with the yokes as well....colour code it all a bit better.....the look.....

12. My 690 Enduro R I had the supermoto wheels on it :) Black rims with orange anodised hubs :)
    You can get orange yokes for them you know ;)

2012-02-05 - 01.JPG

2012-02-05 - 02.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  13. Probably get mine done black...the whole front end is off a 640...

14. I had the Duke II few years ago :) front end looks like an insect of some sort. Loved the look of the Blued down pipes

2007-06-05 - 01.jpg

2007-06-05 - 02.jpg

2007-06-05 - 03.jpg

15. This was mine until i wrote my mates r6 off a couple of years ago...

016_zpsbaf4d6bc.jpg
    had to flog it to pay for the damage....

16. Cog on the wrong side how on earth did you get the chain to bend round ;)
    My 640 had a kick start on the left hand side I never could get it to start on the kicker always had to use the button.

17. Took a while to master starting the 660 but got there in the end....google...660 comedy starting thread....thatll give you a laugh...

• Like Like x 1
  18. Nah the look doesn't bother me really but then again I just go from one extreme to another, my friends say someday, Dave, maybe you'll find a bike you like, I say mmmmm maybe. That's the look.

OGR

19. Well....got it today....without going too much into it.....comfortable.....really comfortable...i had a trip from kent to bristol to get the bike home....all i needed was one stop for 10 mins to fill up and that was it.....4 hours on the road in total....i think thats pretty good...

20. You didnt pull in to a bike cafe around 12:30 ish today by any chance, place called Loomies, West Meon, A32 meets A272

Do Not Sell My Personal Information