1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Power Of Legacy - New Retro Ducati?

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by duke63, Nov 7, 2023.

1. Boring!

The Power of Legacy equates to a paint job.

Overpriced at that. Yawn.

• Agree Agree x 3
  2. It’s a good job I can’t contort myself onto a Panigale, as I’m just the sort of sucker that would have to have one of these!

3. @Multirider75 No go on mate... then you can sell it cheap... ;-)

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. How many more 916 Legacy / Anniversary / Foggy BS are they going to produce? OK, I know -as many as there are idiots to buy them. Sad sad sad.

However on a brighter note I'm going to put some 916 stickers on my old M900 and make it into a Monster 916 Double legacy Lambo Anniversary Chequered Flag Retro Edition with optional Foggy sparkplug spanner in Ohlins gold colour paint!

• Funny Funny x 10
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Nuke Post Nuke Post x 1
  5. £37 grand for yet another limited edition Ducati “special “ ….just taking the piss imo :confused:

There’s so many “ special limited edition “ models coming along , that the normal standard production bikes are going to be rarer :joy::joy:

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. They’re for the Uber rich collector who buys into this ‘heritage’ nonsense.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Just a load of Vag….

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Any pics of this retro beauty?

9. What a waste of time.

Ducati will kill themselves if they keep producing these pointless specials to relieve people of their money with such ease.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Goddamn - why can't you philistines appreciate the beauty and purity of the concept. And you not only get a stunning and innovative paint job that certainly took me right back in time to the glory days of Foggy and the 916 but you also get, wait for it, carbon brake ducts. Now that is real value right there. Where do I sign?

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  11. That video… Imho, only serves to show how incredibly more beautiful the « Tamburini » design was, compared to the newer Panigale.

What the heck did they smoke before coming up with this? Trying to financially harvest past successes 30 odd years later with a shitty paint job is really sad, lame and above all, disrespectful of the work of their predecessors. A bunch of greedy feckers is what they are…

Some other manufacturers have done a thousand times better, like Renault, with the Alpine, or Ford, with Boss 302. What’s wrong with Ducati? F9D5CF77-2A5A-4652-9B3B-B117F461AB58.jpeg 282A7321-9598-438A-A647-6C53784E72B3.jpeg 6F26667A-C914-4CC9-B856-7E2328E05E67.jpeg

#31 Guillaume69, Nov 7, 2023
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2023
    • Agree Agree x 2
  12. Buy me one while you’re at it :cool:

13. There is so little link between a V4 Panigale and a 916 other than the name on the side.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. I would be delighted - they're cheap at twice the price.

15. And it was yet another f*cking vanity job, Jesus Audi, get off our ass…. We just need a 916 ‘Black edition’ and they might have just milked it as far as possible

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. Of 6 new bike announcements only one was actually a new bike (698 mono) and one other worthwhile upgrade Desert X Rally. The other 4 were vanity jobs to extract extra cash from the more financially flush Ducatisti.

17. Essentially Ducati are just making all these bikes for the YouTubers, the likes of ‘supercars of London’ who had bought a Lamborghini Diavel as his second bike and I don’t think ever rode it.

Was chatting to my buddies earlier, and we all agreed, sadly, bikes have passed us by now

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. Lots of other really good bikes out there to ride. You don't need to spend £10k on a flash paint job.

Its ironic that the best bike Ducati have announced this autumn and probably the one with the real Ducati dna of old is the cheapest, the 698 Mono.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. agree, the last bikes that have really excited me are the Panigale v2 (which I bought) and the rs660 and Speed Triple RR (which I own) but otherwise I really struggle with any of it. And the one I look at the most in the garage is the 899…

20. A combination of way to much traffic on our UK roads, me getting older and the ludicrous cost of some bikes means i will be looking at other lesser options when i come to change next time.

No one needs 200bhp+ to have fun on the roads. In many ways the opposite is true.

Less power usually means less weight and thats where i will be heading next time.

I actually went to have a look at the new BMWGS1300 yesterday in spare 30 minutes between work commitments. It still weighs a ton to get it off its side stand, even with no fuel.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information