1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Power Of Legacy - New Retro Ducati?

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by duke63, Nov 7, 2023.

1. Yeah, I’m a bit gutted I didn’t stick to my gut and buy the RS660 tbh instead of my speed triple, the reason I went Speed Triple was because it was £14k, the RS660 was £10k and let down by the suspension and I’ve been riding fairly premium bikes for a while. The triumph has all the toys you could ever want. It is however an absolute steam train, I easily more scary at times than even my R1 was, the way it makes power from 4k revs is just ridiculous.

I think next year I’ll look to move it on and maybe try to get into a ex demo RS660 for around £8k and spend £1k on suspension and it will be a really nice road b road bike

• Like Like x 2
  2. This isn't Mumsnet! of course we need 240hp missiles on 2 wheels! Now go have a word with yourself! :D

(To be clear i do genuinely love the crazy power of the latest superbikes!) :heart_eyes:

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
  3. Take 10k off for the tarts handbag paintjob and useless Swarovski crap and I'm with you

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. Show me which roads you are going to use it on?

-Sharon, Essex.

:D

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. :innocent:

6. M5 ,m6 , a40.

7. For the well heeled JHP customer...:eyes:

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. I love it so i enquired about a px value against my Pani v4 Foggy Rep. The salesman just laughed at me and said words along the lines of “no fucker would actually buy one of those, you’ve been done mate.’ So now I’m keeping the “mark 1” v4 Foggy rep and getting the Foggy v4 SP rep on PCP.
    :punch:

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Are Ducati going down the route of MV Agusta? Yet another "special" which boils down to some fancy graphics. This is going to appeal to a very small proportion of Ducati owners and customers. Guaranteed to sell out, but sometimes not the point.

10. they are more than going down the MV route, they are copying them into the same rabbit hole.

11. honestly, 3 or 4 blokes of here, a box of crayons and an afternoon in the pub would produce something better

its should have gold wheels at least, reminds noboddy one jot of a 916

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Not to my personal taste but why not just bring out a yellow paint job as an option like they ran at a couple of WSBK rounds? That would get sales in.

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. So what are you actually getting above and beyond the standard bike's spec?

And do we reckon these are actually planned specials or perhaps just a case of oh hell we can't sell all of the standard ones we've made so lets tart 'em up and sell for10k more to what ever mug comes along next?

• Like Like x 1
  14. Agreed, we don't even have a Ducati dealer up north any more. Pish.

15. So we all like it then....

lol

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. Coming to Boldon BMW garage soon

17. the best bit about yesterdays "launch" is this thread. :upyeah:

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. A5, 3am.

IMG_7030.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  19. Lots of threads on mumsnet about blokes over estimating their ability to use the equipment they have.:D

#59 duke63, Nov 8, 2023
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2023
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  20. carbon brake ducts - whoopee

does it matter? they're both cynical marketing ploys just with different triggers

Do Not Sell My Personal Information