1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

the sticker monster

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by idrinkbeer, Mar 30, 2014.

1. mat post some more pics of your bike I think its stunning.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  2. Less is always more IMO

Not a fan of race replicas, the odd sticker or two perhaps but thats it for me. Makes the bike look too messy.

3. Had a another look at original post and its the second bike I think looks ok with the front fairing.

I also like the silver/grey imola race rep design on older bikes like 916. Hodgson Reps looked nice also.Don't think I could bring myself to put many decals on a 996R or 998R but defo a carbon tank with trick paint.

One of my favourites which is a surprise as im not the biggest 999 fan.

PLN_DucatiMonza1224.jpg

4. Not for me, ta. Race-liveried bikes on the road just don't look right, I always assume they've been crashed.

5. They usually have, the owners from my experience seem to have more bravery than skill.

6. Pmsl well you learn something everyday.

I was totally unaware that a bikers riding ability is directly related to the amount of decals on there bike lol.

#26 matt#corse, Apr 14, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2014
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. I'm a crap rider with zero ability and I don't have any stickers, so that's that theory up in smoke!

8. Regardless, I always view race-liveried bikes as being worth less than a standard bike.

9. Depends on the bikes I guess as 916sps Foggy Rep,999R Xerox and 1098R Bayliss seem to fetch strong money compared to the standard non race rep sps R models.

Actually I would add decals to 996R or 998R ie full Bayliss decal/paint job like my friend matt had on his 1198/sps hybrid bike.Looks stunning with the bare carbon flashes etc but the race paint really set it off from the norm.

Post#99

Ducati Superbike Gallery | Page 4 | Ducati Forum

If I had to own a duke other than mine it would be that one.

#29 matt#corse, Apr 14, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2014
  10. I've often wondered how much Castrol, Dunlop, Xerox, et al pay to advertise on the side of your bikes ;)

• Nuke Post Nuke Post x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information