1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

V2 The V2 Is So Hot!

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by Veetoo, Jun 17, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Yeah it does seem that there isn’t much specific data.

My thinking is that it isn’t that expensive to try and I’ll be able to do some proper temperature measurements before and after.

If it doesn’t work I won’t have lost much and least I will be able to share the results.

2. As mine is track only I’m about to swap out the antifreeze for motocool and distilled water - supposed to keep the temperature down and as I have removed the cooling fan I need all the help I can get. Plus it’s the right thing to to make sure if it ends up all over the track it doesn’t ruin everyone’s day.

Although while the bike is moving the fan isn’t really necessary and if I ever get stuck waiting in the pit lane I just kill the engine anyway.

• Useful Useful x 1
  3. Isn't the issue mainly caused by modern engines running very lean to pass emission tests?

4. Hi all, new here but have my first Ducati coming in two weeks - the V2. Been reading this with interest because I thought it ran pretty hot (which seems common) on the test ride.

I think this is spot on. Leaning the fuel mix is great for emissions but generates a ton more heat. So has anyone thought of or tried changing the map to run rich at idle? Would reduce the heat in traffic and stand still quite considerably I would imagine?

5. And when you take them off you'll have baked sausage and rooted nuts for lunch...

6. I agree, I'll look at getting mine done, can you keep me posted on what prices you get quoted from them? They are only in Oxford so I might be able to drop mine over there.

I've got a lower Evotech radiator guard on mine, and suspect my GF has bought be the upper one for my birthday, I'm wondering though if it is making it run a tiny bit hotter than it was already?

I don't want to go down the route of changing the coolant, I hope soon there will be a heat resistant kit available like there is for the 899/959 that I can fit to try and stop the heat through the seat. Weirdly on my bike it actually seems to come through the seat a lot even though it's thick, then when I stop the seat gets heated from the sun and from the pipe below and it just stays super hot.

I have no doubt that Euro5 means that at constant small throttle openings the bike is running ridiculously lean, I've seen booster plugs etc but don't want to mess with the fueling artificially, the only other option is to speak to CJS and see if they can map it to remove the idle/low throttle leaning without damaging the catalytic converters. Failing that it's aftermarket exhausts and de-cat and a nice rich fuel map. But £2500 is a lot of money

7. BSD remapped my 959 and I put some foam in the throttle tube to take up the free play. All helped enormously but if you use your riding modes it’ll obviously only do it on the mode it’s in at the time/you choose. Race naturally for most.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information