1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The war begins....

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by salmore, Apr 26, 2013.

1. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

unless you have a nice clutch cover plate I wouldnt bother as the stock one is fuck ugly.

heres mine with a slipper
    and a trimmed down open cover

uploadfromtaptalk1368043258817.jpg

#122 Phill, May 8, 2013
    Last edited: May 8, 2013
  2. The slipper clutch looks lovely but personally I would get a much stronger full cover. My brother fitted a new open clutch with a really nice carbon open cover but unfortunately he slid off his bike and the clutch cover just shattered as did the entire clutch, gears etc.

The insurance company wrote the bike off as the damage snapped something else inside the engine. That carbon cover will protect nothing at all if the worst were to happen.

There are some really nice billet covers available and ones like the JHP and Oberon are very thick and strong.

3. the (my) cover is meant to protect nothing more than contact with your boot on a moving part.

unlike the stock clutch or similar. the dp one is recessed almost level with the cases with no protruding parts.
    if it was to be decked and slide. it is not possible for the smooth ground to interfere with it or make contact with.

if it does make contact I suspect the clutch would be the least of my worries haha :eek:

the stock hubs springs and collars do protrude quite a bit and even with the stock steel cover will be destroyed/bent over/snapped off on decking it on that side

#124 Phill, May 9, 2013
    Last edited: May 9, 2013
  4. Does look really nice. And I do agree with you, once it's laid down it's laid down...
    Seems I need to get a new battery and actually be able to start the bike before I can worry about getting clutch covers...

5. My brother had exactly the same clutch as you and believe me it does hit the ground when you go down on that side. His was a light 'off' and I would never have thought that it would cause as much damage as it did, like you say it does not look as though it sticks out much. The bike was hardly damaged, just the normal scraped fairing/seat/bars/pegs etc and would have been rideable had he had a stronger cover fitted. Instead we went around picking up the springs, pressure plate and clutch plates off the road !!

We were shocked when the insurance company wrote the bike off as the visible damage could have been fixed quite reasonably, probably even cheaper than his excess but little did we know something has also broken inside the engine and they deemed it too expensive to investigate.

I really like the open look and used to have a carbon open cover myself but changed it fairly quickly after seeing what happened to his.

6. not bothered ian
    a big ugly cover is about as attractive as crash bungs.

you can scratch the paint on every panel with a key and they will write it off too

#127 Phill, May 9, 2013
    Last edited: May 9, 2013
  7. Ive got a full Barnetts clutch in mine, which cost a small fortune. Thats why I have a somewhat ugly R&G cover on the side :upyeah:

Do Not Sell My Personal Information