1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The worst possible news......

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by midlifecrisis, Jun 29, 2012.

1. I know that one well lol!!
    all I can say is eat lots of prunes ;)
    I jump and I rattle :)
    I know when the Oramorph does nothing im in for Hell..
    I did tell my GP if he just shot me like an old nag the NHS would have lots of money spare :)
    He say no!! Lol

2. A few years ago had an of and spent 5 months in hospital when they let me go in a full length plaster on one leg I sat around until a mate came round on a scooter this I could ride with care. When the plaster came of I had 3 days a week physio and when there saw a few of the kids that had various disabilities as a result of the drug thalidomide and realised how well I was in comparison they never complained and seemed to make the best of what they had. Tomorrow is another and hopefully a better day.

• Like Like x 1
  3. I saw some toddlers less than a year old at Roehampton hospital in the sixties and the memories still haunt me. We each have our 'lot' to deal with as we get older but each person's pain is their own, mental or physical. As bradders hinted at - if we're lucky to have the mental attitude to overcome hurdles then we are indeed lucky and it's worth remembering that for those that can't, it's not always their 'fault'.

4. I used to live bang opposite Roehampton hospital from 1960 to 1965 - the first five years of my life.

5. I've only seen photos and it's heartbreaking to see.
    However I can't recall his name but there is a comedian who was effected and he said don't pity him as its who he is and was very funny and upbeat about himself he was great.

There is a famous poem about don't grieve for me for I am alive , but I can't find it.
    I was born 13 weeks early in the power cuts of the 70s with lots wrong .
    It was very hit and miss. However I came into the world a fighter and I have to sometimes do the same for children who can't and I will go out fighting :) don't give up there are ways and means of getting round things mental attitude helps as does being a stubborn old mare like me :)

• Like Like x 1
  6. Children are fantastic they get on with whatever card they are dealt with... Its amazing to see.. But heartbreaking sometimes

7. He's an Aussie bloke I think ? Steady Eddie ?

8. I changed to use an Oberon on my SF848. It's a very good and quick change and makes the clutch action far easier in stop start traffic of any kind. I think the standard pull on the clutch does make it hard work and frankly, it's not worth thinking about lever changes unless the pull action is easier to start with.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information