To old friends...Where have i been????

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by funkyrimpler, Jul 10, 2012.

1. Hey it really is like old times hope you get better soon and back to cleaning and detailing.

2. hey guys, thanks so much for your support..i must admit, its been a very, very tough 7 months..ive not been a happy camper..you dont wanna know the half of it..house is very quiet today...apart from the sounds of Ronnie James Dio drowning out the sound of my self pity..

on the plus side, ive rekindled my schoolboy hobby for making scale models (being the house bound fkr that i am). ive almost finished project 1 the Doohan NSR 500 and have already got stuck into project 2 Rossi Nastro Azzuro..this is about as close to biking as ive got...then again, its about as close as i was ever likely to get with this arse weather...Bella the Bitch DOES NOT do rain, and i wouldnt have the energy for a quick 7hr wipe over when we got back home..mind you, the last 7hr wipe over i had cost me the best part of 700 Thai Baht..im hoping to woo the virgins on the scale modelling forums with my witty, risque repar..rep..rep...repart...With my witty banter.

If anyone is as sad as me and wants to have a look at some of my 'bike build' pics im happy to post them on here and will anxiously await any warm offerings of kindly advice or carefully considered opinions....

3. Get the pics up funky, I love scale models.
    Steve

4. Woah Funky! That doesn't sound like a funky few months at all! I feel really sorry for you - so now there's at least 2 of us. Glad you're back on the forum though and at least with your new-found free time you can keep us all amused.

A total bummer your not being able to play guitar - I hope it all comes back in time so that you can rock out. Console yourself with the fact that even if you never played another note, you are already far better than I will ever be. (Is that a consolation? Hmmm probably not.)

Life is a bit like stocks and shares though. When it's right at the bottom and worth 3p, it can only go up!

Can you build a scale model of a Strat?

5. holy shit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 ............dio dio dio dio dio!!!!!!! I was at donny 1987 , and was "naaaaked in the rain" .....so much so i became a holy diver , and sacrificed my sacred heart to dream evil .........................with the rock n roll children .....between heaven and hell

6. Get posting pics 

Do feel for you I'm not on the scale you are but have some idea how you feel.

Was engaged until March this year but that's another story that I can't be bothered to re-tell

Looking forward to getting back on track again 

7. what..you AND me?

i'm REALLY hope to get back to the guitar, its my life..WHEN i get back matey theres gonna be some vids going up youtube so i'll be sure to PM you although i may look a bit gaunt!!

8. @ Ducbird

yep, im feeling that message..

xx

#28 funkyrimpler, Jul 11, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2012
  9. I was there too son giving it devil horns..the rockingest dwarf that ever lived..warwick davis has got nothing on old ron (RIP)...

10. I went to see Sonisphere 2012 a month ago: Metallica, Motörhead, Slayer, Mastodon, and others.

More metal than an armour-plated battlecruiser.

And on Friday, for something completely different, the Nile Rodgers and Friends Freak Out Dance Party at the Montreux Jazz Festival - with Jonny Marr (disco??) and Grace Jones, inter alia.

Much more my cup of tea. Really looking forward to it!

11. Hey funky you haven't developed any other ailments as you seem to be repeating your self now.

12. Holt shit mate! Not a good year for you, but, and I know it's been said, things can only get better! And I thought my day was bad trying to get a busted engine bolt out of some crankcases! All the best with the future, because one day you will look back on all this as a distant memory :upyeah:

13. Cmon Funky wheres them there Pics ??

14. Funky, you think YOU had it bad...when I got divorced, my Mrs burnt my bag of belly button fluff that I'd been saving since I was 14....I almost had enough to stuff a pillow.....think how I felt !

• Like Like x 1
  15. I know how you feel Nog, my Ex told me it was her or my bag of Toe nail Clippings........just had to get a bigger bag thats all :biggrin:

Do Not Sell My Personal Information