V4 Track Essentials

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by carson, Jun 21, 2024.

1. I’m 87kg with gear on and using the standard suspension.
    I couldn’t find the sag settings anywhere but obviously I want to set the sag first

2. Can't remember exact figures but it's usually a percentage of total travel, something like 30% front and 25% rear, need to get tape measure out and measure with no weight on suspension and then with you sat on it in your gear. That's what I do anyway, seems to work. There's plenty of info on line about rider sag.

• Like Like x 1
  3. The front will be too soft and the rear will be too hard. There will be some variance between bikes, however here is the setup 100% did on mine at Donington. Mine being a 2022 V4S. Not sure what year yours is, however I think they changed the forks from 2022…
    IMG_1870.jpeg

• Love You Love You x 1
  4. Not sure what year your bike is but the later bikes have an air duct onto the gear position sensor to keep it cool.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Thanks mate, I’ll have a look at that as it’s a 2018

6. The 2022 bikes got the duct (and I think a different sensor part number).

7. Yeah just found the service bulletin and had a read. I assume with mines being an early bike it’ll have the earlier sensor so I’ll have a look at that and get the ducting as well as a spare sensor.

maybe with my bike having the Termignoni 4Uscite system there won’t be as much heat under the sensor as the cats/silencers are removed from underneath

8. I take a spare mass air flow sensor with me as ive read of several failures ruining a european track day for a simple £15 sensor. I also rubber mounted the 'sensor' located under the front fairing as mine popped alarms a couple of times prior to that. It hasnt since. Ive forgotten what the sensor is ffs and Im at work. (1299 btw)

Its the Interia sensor. I used rubber washers.

• Like Like x 1
  9. I might be easier just ordering one of every sensor on the bike from what I’m reading:joy::joy:

10. Sounds like an perfect excuse to take two bikes!

I have heard and witnessed sidestand switches and gear position sensors and quick shifters all dying. Beyond that I think you would be unlucky.

• Like Like x 1
  11. I’ve got a shitload of R1 spares that I take with me racing and 90% of it has never been used but you just know that one time you don’t take it you’ll need it!

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Absolutely. I’ve always carried a load for every previous bike and in ~10years of trackdays with bikes that according to the internet will break every 5 minutes I’ve only ever needed a clutch switch (which was actually the result of a tumble in the gravel). Spending a couple of hundred on spares you never need is much better than losing a day or more. You can always sell those bits on when you change bike and almost never lose any money.

• Like Like x 1
  13. As i am using an HM SABS QS, I also take the old oem QS with me too. Just in case.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Out of interest how come you don't use the r1 for track days??

15. I've got 2 R1 2CRs mate - one I use in the UK for trackdays and racing and the others in Spain for trackdays out there. I fancy a change and I've taken a deposit on my R1 that's in Spain.
    Since I bought the KTM Superduke at the start of the year I've found the Ducati just sits in the garage now, but I've always fancied tracking it - it's just too pretty.
    Think it's finally time to scratch the itch and get it on track, so that's why I started the post to see what was really the only essentials that need changing on them for track.

16. Ah cool mate, be interesting to hear the difference between the v4 and r1

• Like Like x 1
  17. I’ve got Aragon in September, that’ll be my first time out in the Ducati and then that new circuit in Seville in November.

Would’ve been nice to try it at a circuit I’ve already been to but I’ll get the hang of it. My only worry is the electronic suspension and getting it set up properly. I’m hopeless with suspension

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. Our planned visit to Seville in September has just been cancelled. The reason given to our provider, was it’s touch and go the track won’t be ready. Andy

19. Was it FE? I head that NL and FE have both cancelled theirs.
    Hopefully November will be fine

20. A local, small independent I’ve used for the last 8 or 9 years. If the DVLA don’t re-issue my driving licence sometime soon, I won’t be going to Europe at all, this year anyway :mad: Andy

Do Not Sell My Personal Information