V4 Track Essentials

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by carson, Jun 21, 2024.

1. Do you just need it for trackdays? What about doing an ACU?

2. Being an independent curmudgeon, I need to able to drive too, if we decide to go out and about and with no physical licence to show the local law enforcement, it’s a challenge. Andy

• Like Like x 1
  3. It is very straight forward. Ideally book a trackday with a suspension guy in attendance, because the £50-£75 they charge is well worth it to get a decent base setting. I did it with the S1000RR and just did the same with the V4. Just make sure you know the trick of getting into the settings for them!

• Like Like x 1
  4. Hopefully there will be a suspension guy at Aragon with NL

5. Went to aragon in March on a v4. Nice long straight to open it uo

• Like Like x 1
  6. I would also be tempted (if the rear does feel a bit stiff and the front a bit sloppy - I expect it will, all of my Ducatis have done) to start with the settings they put in mine. I wouldn't think they will be a million miles away.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Annoyingly the speedo stops reading at 186mph if you haven't had the Evo software update.

8. Can't hurt to give them a try mate. Cheers

9. I've got it booked into Ducati Glasgow next week for the Evo 2 upgrade. They said that the Evo 3 wasn't available for my bike with it being a gen 1 2018

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Which is the better bike :D The first revision increased the rear ride height (which is easy to do) but smoothed the grunt rush out of the engine. The second revision went for a new chassis and software update that made it easier (and less engaging IMO) to ride. If you want wings, the first generation V4R track fairing fits but needs an extra fixing which cost about £3. Andy

11. Here’s a picture of it as is

IMG_2487.jpeg

And I’ve bought these already to fit with the rest of the bits

IMG_9595.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  12. Excuse my ignorance mate, from what I can see, the front fork travel is 120mm and the rear 130mm and reading online, the total sag should be 25-33% (set to the lower side for track)? Going by those figures then you've only got roughly 10% in the rear and 20% in the front?

13. set the ride height first...

your bike looks low at the rear.... you can add the 135 tie bars (ie 2020 on) swapping out your std 140.... that'll raise the rear.
    but ultimately you need a ride height tool to get consistent numbers of the ride height then you can use the adjustable eye of the shock up or down the ride height to your requirement.

then set the sag
    front rider sag circa 35-40
    rear rider sag circa 25-30

then play with the comp rebound damping.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Cheers mate

15. I should have clarified... those sag settings are static sag (without rider).

16. Nice one, thanks

17. Which TDO specifically and who is saying it's touch and go as it's not the circuit as I've seen their direct comms.

If you were booking through a reseller who was the TDO that had the dates ?

Were your dates before or after 15th September as thats the official open date from the circuit and confirmed.

A number of TDO's have been invited to inspect the track, all surfacing is complete, and see confirmation that the remainder of the required infrastructure will be ready.

18. 23rd September, I wouldn't call Gary and Denise TDOs, they have known the track owner for years and deal directly with him on, I believe, a personal basis for the very small number of TDs they offer. I have no reason to doubt the message and hope that I'm not being naive or my friends are being taken advantage of. Andy

19. This mob https://www.bbseurotracks.co.uk/ ?

I don't think you are being told the whole truth, I suspect they haven't been able to sell it, circuits opening on the 15th Sept and thats direct from the circuit.

20. Personally I wouldn’t waste money on tat like carbon tank covers… if you drop it it will ding the tank !

am I right in saying you’ve been on track before just not on the v4?

then I would get z04 pads and a rcs17
    Master cylinder…. Absolutely no need to feck about with the ABS other than set it front only…you’ll do more harm than good.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information