V4 Track Essentials

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by carson, Jun 21, 2024.

1. Yeah got quite a bit of track experience and some race experience in on others bikes. The Ducati was/is my road bike.

What do you mean by doing more harm than good with the ABS?

2. Good move Rob, worth every penny :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  3. Who from ?

Both cancelled their May and April trips, everything after Sept 15th the track opening date is a go, thats direct from the circuit via their largest TDO partner.

4. The abs is linked in to other parts of the bikes electronics a whole picture it needs to see you can’t just remove one part of it like the abs pump it has an adverse effect on things like engine braking.
    Many have tried including top Ducati electronics engineers and race dealerships … if they are saying no I would believe them

5. From what I cam see online, most people are leaving the pump in placed, blanked off and just fitting direct lines

6. Hey Rob, I can brake as hard as I dare on the V4S. The brakes are shit hot fully interfaced with whatever the fuck they’re interfaced with :D

I’ve never had the notion they need improvement. Give it some welly on track and see what you think. I’d be surprised if you want to start deleting/blanking hardware :):upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  7. No ABS on the race bike, not permitted under the rules but they have a choics of disc and pad. Ridden the V4S on track with HPK discs and Z04 pads but without the ABS, I'd have been in the gravel at the end of the back straight at Almeria. Deleted the ABS on my current track bike, fitted a race m/c, HPKs and SBS DS2s which makes for an awesome combination BUT the current track bike runs out of steam at 150mph. I'm with Andy b and Fairy on this one, leave it until you are happy you can ride without. Just my opinion. Andy

• Like Like x 1
  8. Ring Bikesportdevelopments ask them if they do a abs delete for a v4‍♂️

see what the electronics expert says!

9. No ABS on a race bike….that’s fitted with a completely different electronics system by marrelli and around £25,000…

• Like Like x 1
  10. Cheers mate, I'll take your advice on it and give it a go before I spend more cash! :joy:

How are you guys changing the brake fluid with the ABS system intact? Normally I run Castrol SRF and I'd like to change that but with the ABS pump, it's going to need purging. Is there a procedure for purging the pump or does it need to be done by the dealer?

• Like Like x 1
  11. I think you are over thinking all this … if you want to change brake fluid then go for it… just bleed the brakes

have you done portimao? What time you doing there?

12. To do
    To do a brake fluid change properly you need to purge the pump, there’s no over thinking about it.
    I’ve not been to Portimao for a long time, well that’s a lie, I went 2 years ago and blew the engine up on the sighting laps on the first day.

I do 1:44s round Cartagena, 1:48s at Oulton, 1:33 at Anglesey GP. Not super fast but not super slow either.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information