1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trip To Italy - July 2016

Discussion in 'Touring' started by Pete1950, Jun 1, 2016.

1. Great writeup Pete i love Italy with a passion, I just wish you had stayed a while long and kept the story going.
    Steve

2. seconded @Birdie. Pete, we've clashed in the past (under a different name) - we don't share common political values - but this whole thread has been interesting. Very glad you've had a good and successful trip

• Like Like x 1
  3. Great to see you had such a terrific trip Pete. You got some miles in and are obviously feeling fit and well!

Italy is a bit special and I have fond memories of so many beautiful places (such as Siena) so thanks for reminding me, I must get back.

I have an interesting trip coming up for the first 2 weeks in August but hope we can get a long overdue ride out organised in September.

4. We went through this area on the way down and it was absolutely throwing it down so no point going through the pass. On the way back up we were excited to do it and it rained again! We still went but didn't get the best of it with the slippery roads and my worn out supercorsas.

5. Looks like a great trip and very interesting report.
    Glad you have recovered well and were able to do such an enjoyable ride.
    I really like it when people do these write ups. It makes me want to do them.

Great stuff all round.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. I took this photo just before the top of the St Gotthard Pass on Sunday.

20160724_112648.jpg

#86 Pete1950, Jul 27, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2016
    • Like Like x 2
  7. I saw this large bronze sculpture in a street in Epinal. Nicely sums up the French response to terrorist attacks, don't you think?

20160724_183658.jpg

Do Not Sell My Personal Information