1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tyre-pressure monitors

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by Speed_Triple, May 11, 2013.

1. You guys have missed the point.
    Sure, not everyone wants or needs a tpms, but it is convenience.
    The same is true of almost everything, such as fuel gauge, intercom, satnav, including the bike itself !
    It's not essential for most of us.

To be clear here, I too have Been riding for ~40 years on and off road, have had loads of bikes of all types, and can feel the difference in tyre pressures. But it is much easier to do so when your solo with no luggage. It's a different story fully loaded.
    Having a tpms to let you know how rapidly the tyre is deflating gives you options, such as deciding to ride on to a garage rather than stopping in the middle of nowhere.

I don't care if you lot dont want or need a tpms, if it was available I would have it.

2. when was the last time you were pitched into a hedge without inflicting expensive-to-repair damage on your bike. Your insurance excess is probably more than a tps!

3. You soon feel low tyre pressure on a bike without the need of these things.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Not fully loaded you don't.
    The bike handles totally different two up with everything full. Now add in some shite weather conditions, and chances are you won't even notice a 10psi difference if your tipy-toing around in torential rain, not leaning over much or being careful with the throttle.
    Yes solo I can tell even a couple of psi, but for big miles days touring about, convenience is the key.

Its like all this sort of stuff like keyless fuel cap, some see no merit and wouldn't waste their money, some think its ok but not for them, others think its good and would have one, whilst others can't live without it.
    That is why god invented so many different types and makes of bikes and other toys :tongue::biggrin:

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information