1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Undeniable truths

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by MrAliT, Nov 22, 2013.

1. On VW's they are all switched by the one big rotary switch. When you turn the lights off, they ALL go off - German efficiency...

2. On my Mercedes I leave the lights on automatic - when it gets dark they come on, if it's daylight they go off - so I never touch the light switch. And on the Multistrada the lights are always on anyway, so ditto. Then I drive my wife's car at night and forget about having to turn lights on, so I'm driving along stupidly wondering why people are flashing me.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Nah, that was probably just an accident. Now if that were on a Honda you'd be right :tongue:

• Like Like x 1
  4. Ditto Seat Skoda and Audi. (So could be Chez or Spanish efficiency?

Joking aside, the Checzs are excellent engineers, I was using skoda machine tools nearly 18 years ago when I left school and they were excellent.

5. Czechs :wink:

6. VW, Audi, Seat, Skoda : all VAG group, and all now using very similar, if not identical, technology.
    On the subject of Czechs - I have had two Skodas ( pre-VAG, rear-engined ones ) and their engineering was, believe it or not, very good. There are a lot of the mechanical parts of the London Eye that were made in Czechoslovakia...

• Like Like x 1
  7. On the Honda the fog lights are switched by relays, so they go off automatically when the other lights are switched off - yes, Japanese design technology...

8. The parts commonality on VAG group cars is enormous. The amount of vw and audi logos on my seat is staggering. The dash in my Mk 1 leon is pretty much identical to the early audi A3

9. When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead. It is difficult only for the others.

It's the same when you're stupid.

• Like Like x 6
  10. But sadly, you tend to have far more interaction with stupid people than dead people.

• Like Like x 2
  11. That which doesn't kill us makes us stronger...something like that.

12. No nation has ever taxed itself into prosperity

• Like Like x 3
  13. Very true, there are a few on here who might disagree though :wink:

14. When ever anyone posts an "RIP" thread on a forum someone else will post a "I've never heard of them..." comment - as though it is in any way relevant. Personnal, I think posting such a comment serves purely to illustrate the person's lack of knowledge and lack of respect...

• Like Like x 1
  15. And lack of effort because you could Google them in a few seconds.

• Like Like x 1
  16. It's supposed to be witty...

17. When Shaun in my office makes a cup of tea it will taste like piss water.

18. sack him.

19. That if a Night Driver gets a bee in his bonnet,he will deliberately leave it until the last minute before his shift starts, to call in and threaten to jack on the spot...
    And that there will be total silence on the end of the phone when I tell him no probs he can clear his cab and hand his keys in RIGHT NOW.:mad:
    I hate Mondays....

20. Are you sure its not just you cup of tea? What have you done to piss off Sean?!

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information