Undeniable truths

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by MrAliT, Nov 22, 2013.

1. When you plan something which requires the services of other organisations there will be one or more F@ck ups,over which you have no control,along the way.Well planned journey at the weekend using Southern Rail and the London Underground was a complete and utter disaster.

• Like Like x 1
  2. It's just too milky - ugh!

3. That the moment you get round to making an appointment with the osteopath after weeks of pain - it stops hurting

4. with a hint of salt perchance?

5. Is Shaun a cat?

• Like Like x 1
  6. After spending ages doing a transaction online,like buying something,the broadband will go down just as you are about to complete the transaction.

• Like Like x 3
  7. At some point in the week, some idiot will try to rip you off. Like these wankers, trying to charge you £23 for a freely available EHIC health card. The wankers.

Avoid this site people, or do wot I did and report it.
    https://www.europeanhealthcard.org.uk/index.php

• Like Like x 1
  8. I find that usually its their over complicated shit website that crashes.

• Like Like x 2
  9. I got ripped off in a similar manner.Thought I was on the DVLA website but found out later it was a lookalike.Got ripped off,not for much.I was really pissed off that I fell for it.I got hold of my banks fraud dept and had my money refunded within days.They also blocked the company from taking any more payments.I was well pleased with the way my problem was dealt with.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Trouble is I don't think they're doing anything illegal, just preying on lazy people.

11. They caught me on a bad day when my thought processes were impaired by my illness.I don't think lazy people are caught.
    In my particular case I paid for a service which I could have got for free.Two weeks later I found the company had taken more money from my account.I eventually found an email from them with a footnote at the bottom of the page,in minute letters,telling me if I didn't contact them within 48hrs they would put me on there mailing list and charge me for it.As far as I am concerned this is a shady practise on any sort of level and should be made illegal.Opting in and paying should be the correct way to go.
    However it has taught me not to undertake anything when I am not up to it.I wouldn't have fallen for this sort of scam years ago,and when it happened it upset me a great deal.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Then report them.

13. I did bring this to the attention of my bank and they will be looking at this particular case and reporting back.

14. Wedding cake makes women mental :biggrin:

• Like Like x 1
  15. "It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single man in possession of a good fortune, must be in want of a wife."

16. Who said that?

He was wrong.

17. Corrected for you.

• Like Like x 1
  18. "It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single man in possession of a good fortune, must be in want of a wife. And that wife will be in want of said fortune..."

• Like Like x 4
  19. Ahhh... the lovely Jennifer Ehle... She can have my "fortune"...

20. Translation......women are shallow and will fuck for money :smile:

Do Not Sell My Personal Information