1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Unexpected Ducati Owner

Discussion in 'Newbies Hangout' started by Bing-Bong, Sep 14, 2013.

1. All the shocks fit but we found that the mount on the swing arm is the problem. There is a slight difference between the showa a sache shocks. This only seems to apply to the alloy swing arm though. the sache shock is slightly tighter in the mount and could lead to ware of the mount. If its like for like it should be fine:upyeah:

2. Hi all, I have posted pics of my duke in the SuperSport gallery. Comments appreciated.

3. Just looked at your pictures, that's a lovely bike, you need to get rid of the ghastly red handlebar grips though

• Like Like x 1
  4. So instead of the front being raised, how far are the forks through the top yoke? You can drop the nose instead, by having say, four rings showing (five grooves), but check the front tyre profile first.............the stock profile is 60 on the 750 and 70 on the 900.....

The 60 makes the 750 turn quickly anyway, the 70 will slow it..........so if you have 70, the forks coming up more, it will speed the steering back up a bit, but make sure there is enough mudguard clearance.

AL

• Like Like x 1
  5. Thank you, and in response to your observation, I changed them Friday. It now sports nice black ones, plus a carbon top yoke protector and carbon clock guards.

6. That is all good info. I have dialed my brain into the bike now. A new set of boots really helped (Pilot Powers), so much so that in a race with a Triumph 955i Daytona through the twisties with my girlfriend on pillion, I left him standing. (All on private roads I might add)
    I have a 60 profile on the front.

Darren

Do Not Sell My Personal Information