1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 DVT Usa Sidestand Recall

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by duke63, Oct 22, 2015.

1. Surely they should ask each owner to check the batch number and contact them with results?

2. That would seem sensible but I guess H&S rules require a trained tech checks. I have sent my dealer an email stating mine is within the range.

3. Actually its 300 miles because it's two trips by the sounds of it. Of course it's their fault, their quality control is appalling. And this is just the latest of a tale of woes with my bike!!

4. bugger asked about side stand when i got my first service last week and was told it seemed okay. mines is inside the recall numbers by about three lol. check if stickers on it the morra. will have to get done in the spring as its now tucked up for winter.

5. you'd think Duacti would learn, didn't the diavel have a sidestand re-call a few years ago ?

6. get it done when you have your next service, and only two trips if your dealer is also not on the ball by keeping some stock of stands

7. Presumably you can phone the dealers to ask whether they have any side-stands in stock before you set off on your 150 mile trip.

8. No, it's Ducati's fault that they made a product that needs fixing.

9. Getting mine replaced next Wednesday. Snells tell me they have got 8 new stands in, one of them earmarked for me.

10. Well yes, it is their fault and their responsibility which they are accepting. In a perfect world every component on every bike, car, plane, and train would always be perfect. Actually just about every manufacturer in the world of anything complicated has problems sometimes, and has to do recalls.

Toyota? Boeing? Volkswagen? ...

11. Boo. Just checked mine, and it's in the affected range (W16-2015). Ah well just another thing to be replaced when it goes in, along with the duff fuel sender, the sticking mode switch, the resetting Display..

12. That would be a much more convincing argument if it wasn't a side stand.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Mine booked in for March next year at annual service. Be a bit miffed if they say come back next week when the part arrives. My letter says my bike is within the affected range.

14. Mine booked in for March next year at annual service. Be a bit miffed if they say come back next week when the part arrives. My letter says my bike is within the affected range.

15. Had a '13 Mutley for 2 years (14,000mls), ran up over 1,000mls getting warranty issues fixed at my nearest Ducati dealer. Ducati quality sucks. Now a contented Triumph rider (again). :)

16. I had a new Street Triple a few years back, for 9 months, it had it's fair share of recalls, and minor problems, I am now a very Contented DVT Owner, All bikes have recalls, (My BMW too) as do pretty well everything else now.

17. Yes, each to their own, I guess we all develop our brand loyalties over the years depending on our personal experiences. In the 2yrs I had the Mutley I visited the dealer (for warranty problems) more times than 20yrs of Hinckley Triumphs put together. In the end when the heated grips failed on the way to having the fuel sensor replaced for the second time I decided enough was enough. Maybe I was unlucky getting a duffer but hey ho, lesson learnt, move on. :)

18. I have no idea what this post means. Don't feel under any obligation to explain @Mac .

19. What happens if your stickers fallen off?
    I have the letter but no sticker on the stand.

20. ;)

#40 Hyperextended, Nov 14, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 15, 2016
Do Not Sell My Personal Information