1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

V2 V2 Bayliss Yay Or Nay

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by dazthephot, Oct 29, 2021.

Tags:
  1. Maybe what i want and what i can justify spending on are too far apart. The older they get the more things become affordable such as the 1199s tricolore etc i dunno it's all very confusing!

2. Or you go too old like my 749R and they start to get more expensive (hence the 959 is easier to replace).

• Like Like x 1
  3. This... I'm sure they will make a Panigale V2R if the WSSP series develops well with the bikes in the class, can see them wanting to make the engine rev harder if they can but we will see, it won't be for a few years I doubt and it would be really expensive.

I think it's the same as if you owned a 899 to 959, the difference just wasn't very big, and tbh most of us can't tell and even if we can it's only track where you can start to exploit them.

I have a friend who always goes on about electronics and how he likes to 'lean on them' on the road, honestly, I've never ever noticed TC or Wheelie control doing anything on the V2 as hard as I rode on the road, I really didn't, even when I was happily following my mate 'leaning on his electronics'.....

The only thing I would say you do notice is that the V2 sits higher on it's suspension and I thing the bike has more pitch under braking and squat under acceleration compared to the 899 certainly (as I rode them back to back with a mate on our fav roads), it perhaps makes the V2 feel lighter to steer at speed but honestly you wouldn't notice it unless literally doing direct comparison.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. Been a really good thread this one.

• Agree Agree x 4
  5. Yes. And having had the V2, 959 and 899 I’m interested in people’s views on them all as I think I could tell the subtle differences between them all. They are subtle though and if you were talking about Olympic athletes you’d be talking about “marginal gains” :)

• Like Like x 3
  6. Given the outrage expressed by competing teams when the V2 wanted to race at the last round of the BSB at Brands in October, I don't see other manufacturers agreeing to a V2R. Can't find the FIM rules amendment that covered the inclusion of the V2 but the 2021 rules are very stringent and sadly the file is too big to upload. Andy

7. I'm not totally surprised by this, because if the Panigale was 850cc it would be closer to the gap that the old 1000cc/1299 for a twin difference, where as at 955cc I think the gap might be too big, anyway, we will see, they will be out there next year certainly in wsbk, and the 765 triples had their revs capped at the start of the year and are having issues funnily enough with the fact it's NOT a daytona chassis, so the swingarm is too long, and the steering angle too relaxed meaning bodges to get the geometry where they want it.

• Useful Useful x 1
  8. I do agree with this, but I think they are subtle enough to not be able to confidently pick them out unless you have access to each model and can swap between or at least have ridden the others recently. In my case, tbh I found the demo bike I rode better than the one I rode. Mine never even idled that nicely tbh.

9. My plan is to ride my 959 to the IOM to watch the TT races in June, have a play on the mountain then trade up when i come back. Hopefully, i will have made a decision by then! Either way thanks to you guys i'm better informed.

10. You won't want to... 959 on the mountain roads of IOM, you'll be back in love with it

• Like Like x 1
  11. Ha ha you know too much about me already!!!

12. I am in very similar dilemma. I have just sold my Cb650r and am now looking for it’s replacement. (I have a 916 as well) much like the op I want to buy in to the Ducati family, the smart purchase would be a 16plat gsxr750…but where is the fun in that. A 959 would meet my needs but the double sided swing arm is difficult for me to look past, so that leaves the v2 or 1299 . I’ve seen a v2 for 12100 which is a stretch but doable and I have seen a base 1299 for 10300 . My worry with the 1299 is the power, does 200bhp take the fun out of riding , can you go everywhere in3rd…..my heart says a 1299 is the way to go

13. Heart is important.

• Like Like x 2
  14. 1. Throttle goes as far as you turn it
    2. You can turn the power down to V2 levels
    3. Electronics help

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Heart and emotional connection are just as important as speed and bragging rights in my opinion. Sometime more!

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. pani r is very special, most of it is in the motor, it spins up so fast for a twin, i found it totally differnt to my mates 1299s.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Fixed that for you.

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. Much of which is a 55k SL motor sat there waiting to spin to oblivion. Paula would hate it tho as it spins up so quickly he’d be off the Rev limiter in every gear just going to the shops! :p:joy:

• Funny Funny x 3
  19. Only if I took 2 teeth off the front, and added 4 to the rear like you have :D.

• Funny Funny x 2
  20. I still wouldn’t hit the limiter mate ;)

Stand next to an R and a 1*99 and Rev both, ime the r is Fay and night for how quick it spins. Bit like the older 996 with no flywheel vs one with

• Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information