1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

V2 V2 Bayliss Yay Or Nay

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by dazthephot, Oct 29, 2021.

Tags:
  1. I think most people have taken the snapshot of the chat with your mate out of context.

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. They have indeed. He is a personal and family friend :)

• Like Like x 2
  3. Bearing in mind that El Toro already has his Bayliss Rep in his possession I think your right. From my reading of it he has asked the question in relation to the earlier post about the deposit and price increase. He asked his mate the question for someone’s else’s benefit.

4. Yes I asked my friend on behalf of someone on here, not for myself.

• Useful Useful x 1
  5. Hi all, not sure if this is the right place however……I’m thinking of chopping in my 848 evo corse and scrambler cafe racer 20 plate for a Bayliss as having 2 low mileage bikes(same issue as Ducbird)the service timing schedule is a nightmare. Can anyone please tell me the timescale for service on one.Thanks in advance.Glyn

6. My dealer will schedule my Bayliss in for its first service within a week

7. Is the next time or mileage related,had the scrambler done this time last year and is now coming up yearly service(300 mls)

8. One of them.

If you do the required mileage within 12 months then it needs a service.

If you don’t then you need to get it serviced at 12 months.

:)

9. Thank you for your input El T,I’m aware that you have a Bayliss so it’s a bit difficult however I’m open to advice,I really like the corse but I’m open to suggestions

10. Makes me laugh, all the folk buying bikes with a 9k service interval, when it’ll need one every year anyway!

11. Exactly,if it 12 months then so be it,the ambiguity is what is confusing.as a 57 yr old engineer I really am failing to understand the oil/belt /valve degradation /previous machines have been Jap 4 or 2 so therefore possibly need education. I must add that I’ve also been off bikes for 20yrand genuinely listen to all advice

12. No doubt that the bikes of today will be fine if you don’t have a service for a couple of years. However dealers/manufacturers need regular, repeat business and so that’s where the annual service comes in. And if you don’t get it done then they’ll void the warranty if something actually does go wrong.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Happy for that,how long is the warranty?

14. Standard warranty is 2 years but you can get extended warranty cover for an additional 2 years……..at extra cost obviously.

15. Yep, agreed, but all the focus on 9k intervals is just a marketing ploy, as there’s not many people that’ll do that mileage in a year.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. This is my issue,I ride every week,not big mileage admittedly however I ride,sometimes I feel as though my 848 is porcelain even though it’s a corse and allegedly race bred due to the horror stories that exist. I love my Ducati. Glyn

17. I extended mine to 4 years for another £400 and odd. just had my first service done too - £266

Do Not Sell My Personal Information