1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

V4 Quality Issue Engine Sump Casing Material

Discussion in 'Newbies Hangout' started by Tony H. V4, Mar 21, 2021.

1. After seeing this I double checked mine. Mine had very minimal stone chips when I bought her a couple of months ago, had done about 1800 miles. Week after I bought it I fitted an Evotech sump guard. To get into that state the bike had been ridden on some rough roads with a lot salt through the winter imo.

2. Aliexpress copies now available:
    £23.28 10% Off | Motorcycle Oil Sump Protector Frame Guard Skid Plate Cover For Panigale V4 V4S For Ducati Streetfighter V4S V4 2020 2021
    https://a.aliexpress.com/_v59HiP

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  3. Blatant rip-off of Evotechs work. I hate these people who clone other companies hard work!

#63 Sicilian, Jun 4, 2022
    Last edited: Jun 4, 2022
  4. Anyone buying rip offs from aliexpress should be thoroughly ashamed of themselves, and should be publicly flogged.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Both evotech and ducabike make a sump cover. Are they copying each other then?
    And if so, is that ok?
    So known brands are ok but an unknown company is not allowed a share of the market as their from Asia…
    Casual rascism?

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  6. But even so, the part is not fit for purpose and it is the manufacturer’s responsibility to remedy.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. How dare you call me racist. Aliexpress are known for ripping off big brands. You should be ashamed of yourself for that comment.

8. The two examples you offer design and develop their own products, not copy.

A beef burger is a 'thing'. Many manufacturers offer the 'thing', but how they go about it is different and the end result is different.

Ali-Express tat would come in a Birds Eye box.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information