1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

V4 V4s Build - From Start To Finish

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by Topolino, Feb 20, 2020.

1. Really enjoying the thread. Amazing build.
    Top, are you an engineer by trade?

2. Maybe in a past life but I’m fairly sure he’s a helicopter pilot currently…

3. I can’t change the chain and sprockets on my bikes. Have to pay someone to do it.
    I’m totally in awe of people with such engineering skills.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Love You Love You x 1
  4. OEM parts removed. Now onto the MotoCorse parts.

20220720_155226.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  5. Billet brake and wiring cover fitted. Reservoir delete, cleans up the clumsy OEM setup.

20220720_154948.jpg

Used silicone spray on the rubber seal to help the reservoir seat and seal properly over the inlet port of the brake master cylinder. Jury's out on the reservoir cap but I can always revert to the black one if I wish, but for now I will leave this one on.

20220720_155057.jpg

20220720_154937.jpg

20220720_154928.jpg

#445 Topolino, Jul 22, 2022
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2022
    • Like Like x 11
  6. Changes are afoot.

20220817_141101.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  7. Time for a brake.....A teaser of what's to come.

IMG-20220914-WA0001.jpg

• Like Like x 9
  8. No way
    Even I changed my chain and sprockets on the SS I did have guidance at the time
    If I can you can :)

• Like Like x 3
  9. Reminds me of the time I repacked the back axle on my aunts Honda cruiser... axle, bearings, Brake Drum Hub... Ran like a dream. Stopping... not so much

The difference between "can" and "satisfactory" is subjective... :)

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. woooooooooow that is stunning!!!!

11. I have re read the thread this morning
    Amazing workmanship attention to detail
    I really enjoyed watching you
    Love it Topolino
    I have a liking for shiny bolts :D

bravo

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Aw :blush: thanks Ducbird.

• Love You Love You x 1
  13. I am going to be unusually busy in the man cave this weekend. Pictures to follow......

• Like Like x 3
  14. Having collected the calipers from the paintshop yesterday, I spent an hour or so carefully refitting the spring plates, pads and Stahlbus bleed nipples to the front calipers. As standard these "Rosso" Stylema calipers supplied by Ducati, are only available with the Brembo logo in black, one of the principle reasons I had them repainted, so as to match the colour of the logos on the bike. The etch primer, paint and clear coat used, were all specially ordered in and are heat resistant (rated to 482C) to prevent any degradation or changes in the finish or colour. Now I've just got to fit and bleed them, then it's on to the rear.

20220916_142220.jpg

20220916_142157.jpg

• Like Like x 9
  15. Looks amazing! Shockingly good really! :heart_eyes:

16. Lovely. That's got me thinking. Although the pads and discs can get very hot with track use, I'm not entirely certain the calipers will. It's a limited/small contact area between pad and piston. Plus the piston seals would blow if they got too hot.

I've got an IR heat gun in my trackday toolbox, I'll check next time out. I'm sure 482 degC covers it :):upyeah:

• Like Like x 2
  17. Front brake calipers fitted and bled. Rear is assembled ready to fit. More pics to follow.

red-caliper-00.jpg

red-caliper-01.jpg

red-caliper-02.jpg

• Like Like x 10
  18. Looks very nice indeed. I'm still hankering for the Brembo logo in black mind. Nothing that couldn't be sorted with a permanent marker pen I suppose :blush:

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  19. As I have a couple of days off work, I was due to re-assemble the rear caliper, fit and bleed it, but finally after two years of dodging the bullet, managed to catch Covid and woke up feeling rough as a badger's a$$ this morning, so if I can swallow enough paracetomol over the course of the weekend, I will give it a go. Give's me something to do while my employer imposes a 5 day isolation period before I can return to work (assuming I test negative by then).

IMG-20220915-WA0001.jpg

• Like Like x 4
    • Love You Love You x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information