1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

999 Was It Really That Bad ?

Discussion in '749 / 999' started by noobie, Nov 7, 2016.

1. Rectifier is on the other side..

2. Yep not needed on the 1098, just mimic 999 vent as its pretty

• Like Like x 2
  3. I’m well aware of that believe me, I’ve changed it twice but that area needs all the airflow it can get!

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Great post Sev, thanks. Like I say, the 999 is definitely growing on me as a classic & for sure the V4 is a huge ‘visual challenge’ too. Most Ducati’s look fantastic down the years, they always stood out, the 999 was certainly ‘different’ on that we can agree :cool:

5. My SS was a nightmare to ride in a breeze.
    You had to be aware of every farm gateway that could blast you off course.
    None of that with the 999.
    Solid as a rock - there was a reason for that complex fairing.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. They cool better with Fiesta turbo bonnet vents.

• Funny Funny x 2
  7. I can ride my 999 at very high speeds with my visor up, can't do that on any other bike I've owned.

• Useful Useful x 1
  8. I rode a 1299 panigale at the weekend that boiled my bollocks, a 999 gets warm when the fans cut in but not that bad..

• Useful Useful x 1
  9. One thing that impacts the aesthetic debate around the 999 and 749 is that I don't think they photograph particularly well.

I saw a 749R recently and, in the flesh, it was stunning in a way that images of it just didn't convey at all. The flow of the "whole" makes way more sense than a profile or nose-on shot.

#389 drumm23, Jun 2, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  10. I love my 999 but its horrible on my sweets i often See 105c in traffic !!

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. I think it's worse on the panigale

12. Never ever got too uncomfortable on the pani !! Hot but not boil my spuds hot but having grown up on the 748\996 I absolutely hated the 999 when they released in 2003 but about 4 years ago I really started to like them ! So took the plunge and its is leagues ahead of my 998 !! There I said it !!! I feel dirty nowo_O

IMG-20180709-WA0009.jpg

IMG-20180709-WA0016.jpg

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Love You Love You x 1
  13. Whats this traffic you speak of? :D

This thread is making me want to buy a 749o_O

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. Very smart, do you have a boudoir for the bike, that's the nicest garage ever.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Yes I have a place where I escape too :punch: I got thrown out of the house with my bikes !! Smell of petrol blah blah really can't remember why she was giving out I was trying to find a pani online when she was talking at me !!

DSC_0173.JPG

• Like Like x 4
  16. Jeeeeeeesus H Christ, now that's a garage, that's a collection.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information