1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

999 Was It Really That Bad ?

Discussion in '749 / 999' started by noobie, Nov 7, 2016.

1. well i would say certainly dont tell him until he has exhausted all his posabilities , then at least you will know if it that..

2. He'a probably found it by now. He's not very talkative (from a mountain canton).

3. But you won't be will you that's a WSB ... The engine and suspension on a road 999 is without doubt fantastic and proven, sadly, to many, the design team had designers block when they approved this one.. You can't compare a 955 corsa with a 916 bi po and you can't compare a standard 999 to this WSB version.. We all see things differently and thank goodness for that, or we would all be chasing the same girl.. beauty is as they say only skin deep, naked the 999 to me, is beautiful and yes even as a 916 nut! I might buy one someday, I would however give it a new set of clothes to go out in..

4. Maybe like this:
    63ba16c18eb23ce37570ff5806c3fe31.jpg

• Like Like x 6
  5. huh !!! tin of that Xerox paint stuff and you would never know the difference !!:grinning:

#45 2 easy, Nov 9, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2016
  6. And on that subject.. The 2017 superleggera, stunning piece of work, just a shame those exhausts make it look like a, albeit very fast, wheelbarrow ...and yes I know it's a technological advance, but it ain't pretty..

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Really ...

But yes, you may actually have a point....

image.jpeg

#48 Noods, Nov 9, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 9, 2016
  8. Yes I've seen that before somewhere.. It's a beauty until that nose... Hell of an improvement though.. I think I'd come up with something like a Panni nose or something similar TBH .. I think I may well make that my next project bike after hearing all these for's and against's, a999R on the shopping list perhaps.. I shall draw up a few design shapes...

• Like Like x 1
  9. Always preferred the Fila's clothes myself - far more classy...

5006923237c4ae942fafc210b4b8ee97.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  10. The level of design detail in a 749/999 is way beyond anything I have seen on a bike before or since. That I have seen anyway.

At least one element carries on to this day on the Pani. I don't know why,as it doesn't make sense on its own, but it looks nice all the same.

The best of the bunch was the 04 749R of course

• Like Like x 1
    • Drama Queen Drama Queen x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Which bit?

12. Which one did you have in mind?

13. Top yoke.

The milled out quadrilateral. It's a shape which appears all over the 749/999 but only the once on the pani. I could be wrong on that though. I haven't looked at it that closely.

UPDATE
    looks like it is repeated on the forward facing holes on the seat unit. As it does on the 749/999

• Like Like x 1
  14. Matt paint jobs look great for the first few hundred miles till they start becoming shinee. I must admit though the 999 is growing on me

• Like Like x 1
  15. prob a wrap is best way to go. ( bit diff to do the fame tho )

16. Even the clutch and brake reservoirs and side stand foot echo the same theme

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. Embossed on the exhaust cover and swing arm. The front fairing vents, air conveyors. He shape of the tail lights and fuel filter are derived from a quad also.

The ones you mention are my favourites though.

I wonder which quadrilateral was the first in the design before them deciding to make it a theme throughout?

#58 749er, Nov 26, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2016
  18. Bloody sidestand is a pain to find even after 9yrs.

• Agree Agree x 4
  19. Even worse after 9 pints

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information