1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wasps!

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by outintheopen, Jul 5, 2020.

1. They're the CB500 of the animal kingdom.
    C*nts.

• Funny Funny x 4
  2. I remember a couple of summers ago the wife and me were at the West Meon pub in the garden and there were loads of the fuckers as we trying to eat, i left my empty pint of coke on the table and they kept climbing in so i turned the glass over, there were ten of the things in there, no rest bite they kept coming so went inside in the end!!:mad:(and i did let them out)!:upyeah:

3. This is just soooo wrong!!!

How can anyone drink a pint of coke?

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. I think I might even have a phobia, but it's fight not flight. I appreciate they have a job to do but, when equipped with a pain-inflicting weapon they could do with a bit more patience, like the bumble bee. A good friend of mine who finally got got by Cancer last year, (I remember the day the company nurse discovered he had it, over 40 years ago) used to remove wasp nests for a living but he also kept bees and made honey. If a bumble bee was in the house he would let it crawl onto his hand and take it outside, something i've started doing now he's gone.

• Like Like x 3
  5. I think they pollinate runner beans?

6. When I were a lad (north of London) as a dare me and my mates used to look for wasps nests and deliberately agitate them - I got stung so often I developed some sort of immunity to the stings...I don't want to test it to see if it would hurt now though :scream::worried:

• WTF WTF x 1
    • Like Like x 4
  8. Think you’ll find it’s Bees Lives Matter, as no loves that start with W clearly do ;)

9. Chewed through your wood bud, check for a missing joist. We had one ages back, bought some wasp killing foam and attacked the nest at night all stealthy.

They stood no chance wiped the nest out completely.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  10. All lives matter, except when the little blighters can't take the hint then it's swat the buggers.

• Like Like x 1
  11. I've apple trees in my garden that attract most insect life, most of them aren't a bother however IMO.
    Wasps are pests and there's no real argument about that but...
    F'ckin Hornets are like turbo charged wasps and the little F'ckers inhabit my garden FFS!
    However if they venture into my workshop, I find a quick squirt of brake and clutch cleaner usually sees them spiral to the floor in pretty quick order, if they buzz around a bit more they must like it so I give another squirt JOB DONE!
    Usually I wouldn't kill anything that I wasn't going to eat unless it was some prick who'd really upset me.

Steve R

12. I feel a mass blocking coming on, I stopped myself from visiting the.."do you own a ktm"..thread
    :cool:

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  13. Caught a queen bee in the house today it was as big as my car - I did release as I like bumblies 1010B4E4-6793-436E-A089-E4899D935CC1.jpeg

well nearly

• Like Like x 3
  14. We got a wasp nest in the wood burner - which just proved they not that bright, liberal dose of bbq lighting fluid match and shut the door - problem solved, and no petrol was used @Expat Jack in this operation.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  15. jo is mader than those wasps!

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Thought the thread was along the lines of BLM, discussing White Anglo Saxon Protestants.
    Anyway the stripy b*stards get a good stamping from me, you really have to piss a bee off to get stung, but a wasp appears to do it for the hell of it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. im not suggesting you burn jo by any stretch.. im just saying im more scared of her than a wasp

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. And shes not much bigger - easier to negotiate with a wasp as well o_O

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. i think it was @Andy800 or @Stu848 in spain that nicknamed my 900ss the angry wasp.. i like wasps now.

20. i think id prefer to get stung than negotiate!!!

• Funny Funny x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information