1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wasps!

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by outintheopen, Jul 5, 2020.

• Useful Useful x 1
  1. i'm all right with the killing methods, it's just they are just hanging it out a bit longer than usual. Queen is long gone, she left around midday yesterday. :)

2. Never get stung by a bunch of the little terrors happened to me when I was about 10 years old, no-one helps you generally peeps run away. Looking at the feekers crawling over your hands stinging merry hell out of you ain't good, neck stings were the worst:confused:

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Ooh yer fukka. I don’t like the sound of that!

I was with the Mrs in Turkey and we walked under a huge tree. I heard a weird humming sound. I looked up saw a gazillion huge hornets. Eeeek :scream: Time to go!

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Flamer thrower approach is great, finger flick to the head amazingly satisfying if executed correctly.... However I discovered this little gem the other day ! table salt pump action gun ... great for flies, but if you get a wasp dead on it strips the wings clean off and leaves you to administer whichever torture method that tickles your fancy. The sheer joy if taking them out mid flight is better than sex. Beware of close range salt rebound in the eyes though. Have fun

salt gun.jpg

• Funny Funny x 2
  5. If you haven’t already, you ought to read ‘The Wasp Factory’ by Iain Banks.
    I found it deeply disturbing that anyone can come up with such a concept...

https://g.co/kgs/WZXj7R

• Like Like x 1
  6. Jeeez, just read the synopsis ...... almost enough to stick the salt gun in my mouth and blast me tonsils out !

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  7. Last of wasps finally gone, it was weird the way they hung around for two days, at least 20 settling on.. a twig! reminded me of bikers making a pilgrimage to Box or Newlands even when it's shut.

• Funny Funny x 2
  8. looks like U.S. only for that one, but seems to tick the boxes i'm after.

Wasp nest destroyers beware:- https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07HQX9V7S/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_rKEgFb59DAZ4F?tag=media000-21

this company sends out Wasp Destroyer instead of Wasp NEST Destroyer despite the picture and the wording on the listing. It's not comparable, the first (nest destroyer) can was certainly impressive, you could spray from 10 feet away and coverage was good but it seems this is becoming hard to obtain for some reason.

9. Moltov cocktail any use to you  I know a recipe :p

10. Harry, were you quite familiar, quite fond of matches as a boy? :thinkingface: is your nickname Guy Fawkes perchance? :thinkingface:

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. I am 'aware' of matches, yes :D but I'm not from York :thinkingface:

• Like Like x 1
  12. I always managed to deal with nests in facias and the like OK - Emptying a full can or two of Raid into the hole and bunging it up with silicone always sorts that job. In a bush or tree, I used long clothes poles and a hose pipe to dissuade them , followed by a Linford Christie sprint indoors to watch the chaos :D

What is the consensus for a good fly and wasp killer for inside the home ? I have Raid, which used to be brilliant yet is now shite after all the health and safety processes. I dont get lots in the house, but I do want something that knocks em down and kills off what I do get (*in the UK) - is there such a spray now ?

Do Not Sell My Personal Information