1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Watch Buying Advice.

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by gregsf848, Mar 6, 2017.

1. I've always loved those

2. i want one of those so bad

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Bought it in Cardiff as a memory of my dad dying in 2007. Nearly bought a Blancpain 50 fathoms instead, but I'd seen the Gulf in an FT watch supplement a while beforehand and always kept an eye out, as they are a Ltd Edition and were quite hard to source.
    Saw it, gave the man my American Express card, rubbed his tits as well, and rode home with it. Somewhat shocked to see they now go for a decent amount more second hand than the cost new back then. But i don't care about that. However, will be a bit more careful when cutting the grass when wearing it, not to bash the shed so often as i go round the corner.....

• Like Like x 2
  4. As a side issue, I bought a fake whilst in Egypt. I was amazed tbh at the quality. The strap was poor but the watch and its works are spot on......... until the date said 33 ,then 34 and kept going till it was the 39 of the month.

I still laugh about it.

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Like Like x 2
  5. Love Monacos, I have the 40th anniversary edition. Wear it everyday, thats what they are for.

• Like Like x 1
  6. I bought a Omega Seamaster Automatic 21 years ago, I wear it nearly every day no matter what I'm doing, yes it has fine scratches but its part of me. Wouldn't sell it and dont look at it as a fashion watch. I also bought a Rolex SD 4000 last year, beutiful piece, more concerned of scratching this one though so dont wear it when going for a blast on the bike!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information