1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Weedkiller

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Justatad, Aug 7, 2024.

1. To be fair it is a very good weed killer. I’ve used it for years. You should have a lifetimes supply there (unless your driveway is mile long!). One word of advice, be accurate with the dilution rate. There’s a temptation to over use thinking that if you put it on a bit stronger it’ll do a better job. In reality what happens is it just burns and kills the leaf. The plant need to absorb it slowly so it reaches the root and kills it from there, otherwise it’ll just come back again a few weeks later .:upyeah:

• Useful Useful x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  2. Soda crystals as used for laundry and general household cleaning will sort your moss problem. Just spread around and spray lightly with water if rain is not imminent.

3. I’ll take note of that useful advice, guess what , I did exactly that ! I used 150ml / 5 litres water , rather than the recommended 100ml , I’ll be sure to dilute it correctly next time after yr advice
    I felt quite foolish creating this thread to start with, but it’s been a good read after all

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Let us spray
    20240811_160144.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  5. What dilution ratio did you use ? I read the huge attached pamphlet, but it just confused the hell out of me , Google seemed to suggest 100ml / 5 litres water

6. I used 75ml in 3ltrs which was the ratio on the attached bumf. So about the same as you, there was a more diluted measure I think 50ml in 3l.
    After reading @BIG M, I realise more is not necessarily better ;)

• Like Like x 1
  7. Believe it or not, diesel kills plants for quite some time. But probably worse for the environment than glyphosphate

8. Ha! :) and as I've just this week discovered white spirit is pretty good also.

9. And not ideal sprayed down your drive ;)

10. With regard to diesel, my dad used to spray old engine oil on the weeds behind his garage (narrow gap, couldnt get in there)
    I bought an X300 last weekend, arrived today, can't wait to give it a blast :)
    Plenty of suggestions there for moss on the roof, I might do a patch test :D

11. X300. You will not be disappointed. Dont forget to follow the instructions, it’s the second treatment that has the long term effect! Theres a good video on u tube worth watching.

12. Thinking of using this to get to very well established brambles, very thick over growing into sheds. So thick I can only access the exterior plants not in the middle of the thicket, so, got there eventually, do you have to get to the bottom of the brambles or can you spray generally and eventually the poison works its way downstream?

13. It's the brambles I am after, and like yours they are pretty dense. I have just sprayed all over and hope the weedkiller is absorbed by the leaves.
    When it is knocked down a bit and i can see what is underneath then the trusty brush cutter will come out

14. Not for weeds, been using it for a few years now and very good indeed no more making a mess with the jet washer, dilute spray and forget.

upload_2024-8-14_10-20-50.jpeg

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. The
    Gallup 360 worked extremely well on my brambles. I did apply in the autumn and left it all winter before cutting them back. Not on purpose, it's just what happened. The area is completely free of it now. It also kills everything else it comes in contact with.

16. AdBlue. so says the guy that maps out our AdBlue systems on diesels. apparently it works a treat.

17. Well it destroys all the metal components it passes through so weeds shouldn’t be a problem!

5 litres of white vinegar, cup of salt and a squirt of washing up liquid has the same effect as round up and like without killing bees and insects along the way.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information