1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Welcome Back!

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Rob, Apr 22, 2012.

1. We good man, just helping to catch it all.

Now going to report some windows 8 errors I discovered in last week and I was thinking it is perfect.

2. Microsoft perfect????? You've thrown me with that one.....hang on service pack 39,871 is just installing, shame we have to pay for the os and then beta test it too.

3. Not just us that have issues - can’t get Sky Player to watch Chelsea Barca :-(

Their websites down and the Mrs is on the telly.....

:mad:

• Like Like x 1
  4. Nooooo!

And we think we have problems :wink:

It might be on in the pub Rob :upyeah:......whatever it is the missus is watching I mean...your far too busy :wink:

5. Honestly Anth I used windows 8 from early betas on my table because of touch interface. Comparing to windows 7 windows 8 appears to be bullet proof. I tried and I tried and I can not get it to hang or become unresponsive for longer then 3 seconds were windows 7 in same situation needed a reboot. Their new runtime broker service implemented mainly for metro side of the OS acts very quickly to catch unstable programs and rebooting them before they reboot the OS.

6. Vista or 7 won't take much beating tho really, they are both resource hungry monsters....

Want stability? Linux is the kiddy, just sometime's the support is a bit late for new hardware.

I worked as a beta tester for Microsoft, before the release of the original xbox and again when they introduced Live for it.

7. Can you two speek English ! Im glad i work with wood.
    Steve

• Like Like x 2
  8. My notebook runs on Linux when I had it it's so much quicker than windows and easy to use I just can't stand the touch mouse it's hyper sensitive and drives me mad
    My iPhone is the best out of all
    Very rarely use a pc at home 

9. I notice how you sign off in your own unique way - after a while we'll all be doing this :- ハローヴィヴ!

10. Sorry...nerd spk over.

Wood you say? Maybe you could make me a new head! :wink:

11. You'd love a Mac....fast, simple, stable and secure.

12. Resource hungry. Well if you get a Linux to a level that it has GUI as big as in windows it takes about the same in memory terms as windows 7. Linux in general uses less resources as there is less flashy GUI on it and less GUI all together as many things are just simple in looks. For me the entire download centre of Ubuntu looks very much like win95 control panel. How much resources can that take?

Saying that I use no pagefile at all on my win8 tablet as it only has 32GB SSD and yet now with 4 pages open in IE, outlook 2010 running with main pst size 130mb, second pst 10 mb and gmail pst of 50mb, all that takes 1GB of memory only. The resource excuse is now less and less important with memory costing couple of GBP for PC manufacturers.

13. Fast yes, simple I can not get it :D, stable seen it crash as much is my win7 under heavy graphics loads, secure well until someone does make a virus for mac as then most have no antivirus because they are told Mac OS is safe.

14. Thats exactly what they want you to think....ah more memory it's cheap...ah more storage it's cheap....ca ching....which turns the wheels of the lazy programmers who can't be ar*ed to optimise the code....cause they don't need to, cause memory is cheap.....so you've bought the cheap memory and the extra storage space, but hey guess what windows 59 needs MORE again and the cycle goes on.

Ever considered the link between the software and hardware industry....check out how much of the hardware manufacturers Microsoft has an 'interest in'.

Nerd spk out! :wink:

15. Until someone writes a virus.....there lies a tale in it's self...the fact that there are so few Mac virus tells the story...they are the next most secure thing to a Linux box and they are so difficult to compromise.

Yeah the os does take a bit to get used to but it works when you do.

16. Oh did I forget to mention Sexy! They are the Ducati of the computer world.....nothing else matters now does it.

17. Yep agreed with hardware link but that is nothing comparing to link between gaming industry and hardware hehe.

Re virus it is pure math. A virus nicking your passwords for windows will bring higher results then for Mac due to number of PC's running respective os.

There is plenty of viruses for Android which is Linux and some for Iphone so not impossible. Let's put that to bed as never ending story. I like Linux but will never like apple as they have to result to lying to sell stuff. HTC android phones had 8 core graphics 3 years ago as norm, now it is 16 core. Apple had 4 core in Iphone 4s but was quiet. With 5 you must have heard the story?

18. I'd better get one then 

19. Disagree HTC one X is super sexy and super slim.

20. I just lurve my iPhone the kids have blackberries and I can't stand the things iPhone is so easy in comparison

Do Not Sell My Personal Information