What’s Really Killing Trackdays? A Theory….

Discussion in 'Trackdays & Rider Skills' started by Phill748, Jul 5, 2024.

?
  1. Yes

11.8%
  2. No

32.4%
  3. I think it’s a 44T scaremongering video

29.4%
  4. Bacon

26.5%
  1. Epic idea.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Nearly wet myself until I read the second sentence.
    Back on topic trackdays are a very expensive selfish hobby. With other things to buy for the family it soon gets put on the backburner.
    I'm amazed by the number of track bikes for sale this early in the year on track forums

3. I’m really tempted by a 999R

• Like Like x 1
  4. Yeah have to admit I have some stuff come up and considered selling up. but with the surplus of bikes and the fact I know I’ll regret it the bike is worth more to me than the market. it may just get parked for a while but least it’s there and owes me nothing as I enjoy track days too much, I’ll always be back there each year even if it’s not many

• Like Like x 1
  5. Beautiful machines… if I could have any former bike back it would be my old 999R.

• Like Like x 1
  6. It's funny as the bike I really miss is my old rsv mille, not sure why though.

• Like Like x 3
  7. For me it was enough power (~150hp I think) and no electronics. Lovely balance and just always felt ‘right’ Looked ace as well :D

• Like Like x 1
  8. Here’s my little puppy at Estoril….. at an Amicale, Spirit of Speed event last year.

GU0A7570.JPG

• Like Like x 4
  9. I know. Some bikes just click with you. I recently got rid of my track 959 to go back to a 848. Feel proper “plugged” into the 848!

#89 ScottyM, Jul 9, 2024
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2024
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. because they shouldn’t handle the way they do!!

IMG_0939.jpeg
    IMG_0933.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Love You Love You x 1
  11. Tyres. Jeezus…. Just bought 2 fronts and a rear (KR slicks) £620 :astonished:

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • WTF WTF x 1
  12. The bikes fixed then?

• Like Like x 1
  13. Two fronts and one rear? Ok Toprak!

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  14. I am buying used BSB Pirellis, £100 a pair and some serious compounds like XX & OO.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Almost… :D

• Like Like x 1
  16. I wish… already had a couple of rears… :D

Which leads me to this- week 37 2019 o_O will they be okay? They’re going on, that’s for sure…

17. They will be fine mate.

• Like Like x 1
  18. That'll be dangerous. Send it to me and I'll dispose of it properly

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  19. 44T is an absolute click bait attention seeking twunt of the highest order and im amazed anyone pays him any mind.

UK TD's are suffering from the fiscal pressures of all discretionary spend hobbies, there isn't an exodus of attendees based on potential litigation, many are deciding that euros provide better VFM, this will be my 2nd year on the trot doing no UK dates, but will have done multiple euros by the end of the year.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. Agree, if you have the extra money for the whole three day trip, the Euro three day event turns out to be remarkably good value.
    I do one day in the UK (next Friday at Doni), then twenty in Europe and even three in Philip Island in January next year.

• Like Like x 2
    • WTF WTF x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information