1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What Are You Reading?...

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by The Royal Maharaja, Jan 15, 2023.

Tags:
  1. Didn’t he live near Bournville?

2. I am finding it hard going, too many words I do not know and only basic French skills. But…will never grasp the language without effort!

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Keep at it and you will succeed. In your spare moments try to think in French and where you have problems augment your reading with grammar books and French vocabularies which I still find helpful.Take up any opportunities to converse with French people too.

4. French talk radio too...:upyeah: je sais bien! ;)

5. Yes, everything. We go to the village café, listen to radio and watch French tv. Lessons too.
    Conversation is best, but still need to expand my vocabulary.
    Had a conversation with a woman yesterday when out with the dog, all in French. She was German! If I understood properly she left Germany when the Berlin wall came down and has lived here since then…

• Like Like x 2
  6. Lived for a short time on the Teddesley Estate, May well have lived in Bournville. Probably a chocoholic

7. this:
    Screenshot 2023-01-20 at 20.14.23.jpg

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. This great book is about motoracing in the 1930’s and in some ways the most representative collection of photographs which have ever been got together in order to illustrate motor road-racing as it existed before the Second World War.It is a very rare edition with its original dust jacket.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  9. 06D0A2B4-0ED9-40EE-B662-EF982131B0EC.jpeg
    The sequel to Prisoners of Geography
    Hopefully I’ll get to give this a coat of looking at over the next week.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Snap. See #39
    Prisoners of Geography highly recommended.

11. Nice !

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. See post #3 Prisoners of Geography
    Totally good read
    :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Agree. Read it in a day last summer holidays. Brilliant.

14. I've just finished 'Act of Oblivion' by Robert Harris. It is fiction but uses a lot of actual history from the death of Charles the first to the early years of Charles the second.

15. IMG_3922.jpeg
    My last read
    Both very informative and engaging
    I’d start with prisoners of Geography first.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Threads merged

17. image.jpg Read this after @ymfb recommendation, it was a good read. If there was such an award for dogged persistence this ex Police officer deserves it.

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information