1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What did you just buy for your bike?

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by stuzinho, Apr 12, 2012.

1. Hi Kev,thanks for that.I am quite optimistic at the moment and hoping to get to play with my bike in the not to distant future.Got to do something with all the bits I have been hoarding over the last couple of years.:upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  2. Are you Hitler?

3. ^ Thought he rode a BM

Ha, just got it :tongue:, it's been a long day!

No, only nickname I've ever been given. The guys at work came up with it after I had my left nut chopped off due to cancer.

If you think that's unsympathetic, my best mates got me a box of plums with a 50% off sticker on the top.

#963 Oneball, Jun 5, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2013
    • Like Like x 3
  4. Got the new corsa v2's fitted today £277 ride in F&B tyres

5. God I hope I het more than that, they weren't that cheap!

6. M&P/Busters are still doing a good deal on BT016 pairs.

7. Tyre time again!

With an upcoming week riding the Pyrenees (another thing to tick off the bucket list :smile:), I decided to temporarily swap the SCv2 for the latest Michelin Pilot Power 3s in anticipation of the mileage, nature of the roads, and potentially wet conditions in the mountains. Initial thoughts are that they are ultra sticky at normal road temps, more stable than either the SCv2 or Diablo Rosso Corsas, but provide a good stream of feedback, and roll edge to edge very nicely!

http://www.michelinmotorcycle.com/tires/michelin-pilot-power-3

The new construction of the PP3 is evident when using the 'finger test'. The outside rubber is very soft/flexible when pressed with the finger, but there is a definite underlayer that firms up considerably. The actual carcass remains quite flexible: softer than the likes of Dunlop D211GPs or SportSmarts, although firmer than SCs.

[​IMG]

#967 Spareparts, Jun 6, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2013
    • Like Like x 1
  8. STM EVO GP slipper with sintered clutch pack must be one of the first released to Jo public as were only supplied to Aprilia racing for their WSBK's and I've been waiting a few months for it to get here.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
  9. [​IMG]

10. Well I finally achieved my goal through unashamed selling of anything I could find that was not nailed/glued down and bought the DP slipper clutch from Matt. Fitted it today without any issues apart from the fact that the my original clutch pack did not have 2 48 tab friction plates which were stated in the fitting instructions so a 40 tab last plate was used, it will do the same job. I just hope I understood the instructions when it said to fit the last plate 'with a different orientation'

I took it to mean turn the last plate so the tab fitted in a different slot on the basket to all of the other plates. Just tried it up the street and the clutch worked without any horrible noises so I am presuming it is in correctly !!!

IMG_0892.jpg

IMG_0892.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  11. ooo nice!

Slam her from 6th to 2nd, close yer eyes and dump the clutch....Sure fire test...:biggrin:

• Like Like x 1
  12. ...of your insurance policy :tongue:

13. Bit extreme selling your engine side cover though :biggrin:

• Like Like x 1
  14. had them on my 'other' bike. Liked them. Did a couple of track days -Mallory-plus plenty of road miles.

15. A set of spare wheels for the wets.

• Like Like x 1
  16. After Funkyrimpler's little escape I went over to JHP and bought a steel crankcase/chain protector.

1 week into Ducati ownership and I've still not bought anything carbon fibre, I think I'm being really good.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Are you sure you're cut out for Ducati ownership?

18. ^ There's still time but I've now got two different sized brushes for cleaning the bike so I'm getting there.

• Like Like x 3
  19. To be fitted soon

IMG_0300.jpg IMG_0301.jpg

Anyone not liking the 14T sprocket?

IMG_0300.jpg

IMG_0301.jpg

20. I've seen better :tongue:

Do Not Sell My Personal Information