1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What did you just buy for your bike?

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by stuzinho, Apr 12, 2012.

1. I lovely new red tank to go with my errrr black bike :tongue::tongue: Massive thanks to Spareparts :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  2. A 1098r carbon bellypan for my 1198 sp still in wrapping :biggrin:

#1782 Richo, Feb 27, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2014
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Integrated rear light n tail tidy, hope to fit at the weekend

4. I had an area giga years ago. It was crap. Airflow was useless, all the catches were too small to operate with gloves on, chin vent was a waste of time and then broke. Never bought an arai since....that was about 20 years ago. Had Simpsons ever since. My current one is about 17 years old and in perfect condition ( street shark ). I've never seen anyone wearing one ever. I did buy a carbon fibre diablo a few years ago but got one size to big so don't wear it that much. Going back over to the us in August and they've got a new range out! Yey!

5. New set of Michelin Power Cups and its currently at Italsport getting a Peter Pervis

6. Errrr, 17 year old helmet...... not safe, after 5 years you should be looking at replacement. Thing is, you can't see them deteriorate until you bang your head and and it disintegrates. Combination of UV, temperature changes and stuff that comes out of your skin (yes, gross) attack it from the inside and outside. The most important part of a helmet is the inside, the outside is only to provide a cosmetic abrasion cover for the important impact absorbing inner shell. If the outer becomes brittle due to weathering, it will not do its job to protect the inner enough for it to do its job of preventing your brains from being scrambled by slowing the impact. If the inner has deteriorated due to heat cycles and sweat/oils/salt from your head it will compress too quickly and your brains will be scrambled as they will contact the outer shell. You cannot see any of this happening................ unless you own an Arai and the cosmetic lining breaks up after 5 years anyway. Although, you are far more likely to die of a broken neck or unsurvivable internal injuries than a helmet fail, but, just saying, improve your odds.

• Like Like x 1
  7. [​IMG]

It's that time of year again, retiring a friend and making a new one.

8. Nice helmet but to me the mechanism looks really messy, why don't they just put a black tint at the edges of the visor to cover it up

9. It may look messy, but the visor mechanism on the HJCs works really well. Big fan of their lids, apart from the carbon one I had which was really noisy.

Like that design Benzerg :upyeah:

10. One of these for the 916, MOT fail in NI without dual marking and the one I did is starting to fade a bit so time for a proper one.

Dual face.JPG

Dual face.JPG

11. It couldn't hurt black out the visor covering it,but overall the mechanism is the simplest I've ever seen in a helmet.

12. a_4506_b.jpg

Bought one of these plus a couple of spare visors in dark tint and silver.

a_4506_b.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  13. Any reason you prefer tinted visors to sunglasses / sunglasses mechanism?

When I was razzing around on the 125 last year with a tinted visor the coppers gave me a hard time about it even though it was legal,the glasses mechanism means they don't have ground to stand on so I feel safer about it.

14. a set of race numbers and pair discs so I can use my wets :)

15. Wearing sunglasses (a) looks hideously uncool (b) as with all glasses, the frame gets in the way when you look over your shoulder (c) you can't suddenly take them off if you enter a tunnel (there are lots of tunnels in mountainous places).

The new inner sun visors are probably a very sound idea, but they don't look as cool as a tinted visor. Tinted visors just do look cool (except at night, when they just look stupid).

I've never been overly bothered whether they were legal or not, but no one has ever hassled me about mine in 30 years.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Have got this for my old Brit bike.I now need to find a local guy to do some work on the old machine.I will see if I can join a local Triumph club and perhaps get some recommendations. P1010083.jpg

P1010083.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  17. Now that brings back memories. I remember taking one brush out and whilst it was running on one cylinder and sticking my finger on the track with a rag - woke up against the garage wall :eek:. Andy

• Like Like x 2
  18. Something you only do once Andy.:rolleyes:

19. Pretty much what he said ^

• Like Like x 2
  20. I much prefer tinted visors over sunglasses or flip down shades as I dislike the way they leak light around the edge, a tinted visor does not do that

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information