1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What Do You Consider To Be The Ugliest Car Ever..

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by NOODS X, Mar 1, 2020.

1. I had a burn with one years ago, he thrashed my arse

• Like Like x 1
  2. Yeah, remember one of the well heeled neighbours had one too. Certainly drew attention. Looks terrible now though.
    I thought cbr1000 (aka jellymould series) looked good at the time.
    Times change.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. Why? I really wanted ne of these back in the day. D0A15673-A65A-4604-8374-056CD8E0B97A.jpeg

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. My best mate had one of those as his first car ever. We crashed through a fence 30 minutes into ownership :laughing:

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. Reading the badge on the front is cheating!

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. The engine was half decent for it's day but the gearbox and clutch were horrendous, and that's being kind to the better ones. The clutches always juddered and the g/boxes were coarse and rattley, they also had a habit of breaking the circlip on the front end of the mainshaft which then allowed the hubs to start floating on the shaft. It was a box out and partial strip down to replace the circlip which cost about 30p.
    And that colour, "harvest gold",
    why would you buy any car in that colour?

7. mate, i'm sure you know more about this than me. I just pick up bits and bobs as I go along. :upyeah:
    I still bump in to people, even in Aberdeen and now Oban that worked there in the seventies.
    based on their stories, I aint surprised it went under

• Like Like x 1
  8. I had a yellow TC with black vinyl roof o_O well, it was mums really but she didn't pass her test, and by the time she did I had totalled it :innocent:

• Like Like x 2
  9. My mates wasn’t the TC. The twin carb was theee rocket ship!!

10. Amazing how so many of us had the same vehicles when these threads pop up. Must be a biker 70s/80’s thing! Mine was a purple TC with a black vinyl roof. I loved it because it was the first car I bought with my own money instead of the inherited Fiesta I first had. Needed a paving slab in the boot to keep the rear end on the road in winter o_O

11. I had a white Marina 1800 TC Coupé with tinted glass, red cloth seats and black vinyl roof for a few years in the early ‘80s. Quite plush, and always fun balancing the oversteer and understeer with the throttle!

http://escapetotheseventies.com/70s-cars/morris-marina-1-8/

For cars beaten with the Ugly Stick, these took some beating:

#171 Darkness, Apr 19, 2020
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 19, 2020
    • Nuke Post Nuke Post x 1
  12. [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. My mate stuck his in the hedge, strange coincidence?

14. Yup this ones right up there, it looks like it’s been designed by someone who has no idea what a car is

15. She must have been really pleased with you, some guys I went to school with took out their mums Lotus Cortina and rolled it, made it back to the house and called the police saying it had been knicked, and got away with it.

16. I've no idea what model it is,but what i do know is that you aren't going to lose it in a autojumble field.

18. Alfa_Romeo_Montreal_1985_10_0a0ade288d0a136cdccdd545a642c0da.jpeg Alfa Montreal is a gorgeous car.

#178 dave slowley, Apr 19, 2020
    Last edited: May 5, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. The juke the fucking juke the nissan juke......!

• Agree Agree x 4
  20. Very much a '70s Italian sports car but ugly is probably a bit unfair.

• Agree Agree x 2
Do Not Sell My Personal Information