What do you pay for comprehensive motorcycle insurance?

Discussion in 'Insurance - Sponsored by Ducati Insurance' started by Badger, Apr 1, 2012.

1. woah, mines is gonna sound expensive. multibike policy with ebike. 2010 1198s and a 2012 triumph daytona 675. anchored to the floor in a locked garage, data tagged the lot. 1 years ncb. 23 years of age. 3K for the lot

2. 36yrs, 4yrs NCB, garaged in Flintshire, £200 fully comp with Ducati Insurance (i.e. Ramasis)

3. 100 years old, 3 years NCB protected, legal services, personal accident, fully comp and breakdown / proper recovery (IE take bike and me home), modifications using 900SS parts, locked and secure alarmed building,.....£133. Bike Team (Equity Red Star).

AL.

4. 2012 848 Evo corse, garaged etc, fully comp, NCB protected, inc helmet and leathers, breakdown cover was £520 but that included the admin fee to change/renew from the R1 to the Evo Corse :smile:

5. Reckon I'm doing okay then; 49, over 10 years ncd but license in tatters; Triumph Sprint ST and fuglystrada 1000, fully comp with declared extras - £238 with ebikes.

6. 45, fully comp, 6yrs ncb, 1993 900 SS, garaged. Swintons wanted £160, I played "the game" and ended up paying £91. Result I recon, got the car and house insurance with them so that always helps.

7. 42, fully comp, 5 years ncb, 2011 1100s, garaged for £146

8. sad to hear RSA have just pulled out of the motorcycle underwriting sector as they had been a fair company to deal with IME

9. 45 years young, 851 with mods Comp £173 TPFT £133 NCD (none) with all the extra's (Breakdown, legal cover, helmet, leathers etc)

10. 848evo, no no claims (I wrote my last bike off in January), garaged and in the Gloucestershire countryside....£1950 :eek: On the upside I did a quick check for next year a little while back, £500-600 seems likely.

11. Thanks Fig. You have saved me a lot of money. My renewal came in from Carol Nash and would have been £1000 for the 1200 Multistrada and Tiger Explorer. Saw your post and went to ebikes on line last night and got it for £450!! You are only around the corner from me so if I see you sometime I owe you a pint.:upyeah:

Tony

12. I'll hold you to that:wink:

13. ok its TPFT, but for the 900ss ie I pay £111 - up from the £82 I paid last year. Bike is locked and garaged at my home address in one of the better parts of Milton Keynes. i'm 34 and been riding since I was 17, no points no claims and full NCB

14. Hmmm.... 1098 9 years no claims, 43year old garaged. Was quoted £369 via mce last week. Just been on to them to confirm the policy as it states its valid until the 24th October and they are now wanting nearly £500!! My GSXR1000 was £140 fully comp. Whats happening? Bad postcode, OL2 classed as Oldham, number one town for insurance fraud in the UK thanks to certain sections of the community. MCE are telling me the valid until date on the quote that I printed stands for nothing!?!?!?!? ME NOT HAPPY.

15. 40yrs old, 848, fully comp, 6yrs ncb, £240 glasgow

16. My old 748 ('97) is a paltry £75 full comp.TBF, I have a huge excess that would stop you claiming, the bike is standard* and I am 38 with a clean licence** and 10+ yrs NCB. Insurer is Bennetts. They are shite but cheap and frankly I don't care as long as it keeps the feds off my back....

*Well, sort of mister
    **don't know how, sheer luck on my part.

17. I just got my Multistrada 1000 DS 2004 had a fully comp quote for £280 from MCE done it all online, when I've been emailed the policy there are 2 things wrong, length of time riding bikes and they have excluded pillion which I want, I've emailed them and will see what happens tomorrow.

18. Be interesting to hear how you get on with MCE slickmouse. It appears the pillion option is a NO on the policies even if you answered YES online. Please read all the small print as they are very dubious indeed. For example, their policies gloat about having RAC breakdown cover included. When you actually read the small print, yes , you do have RAC cover but only within 10 miles of your home address! What bloody use is that to 99% of bikers! The excess they want is HUGE yet after a week or so they will offer an option of reducing your incedibly high excess for a one off payment of £50! They need investigating in my opinion. It would be very interesting to find out who actually owns the company.

• Like Like x 1
  19. It really is a f'ing nightmare!
    You just can't assume anything these days...:mad:

Copied from my policy.

Roadside
    Roadside assistance 1/4 mile or more away from Your Home address
    including a tow for up to 10 miles and taxi fares for up to 20 miles from the
    Breakdown if Your Vehicle cannot be fixed.
    Recovery
    As per Roadside plus Recovery for up to 8 people and Your Vehicle to any
    single destination within the UK.
    At Home
    As per Roadside plus Breakdown Assistance at Your Home or within 1/4 mile
    of Your Home address.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information