1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What do you pay for comprehensive motorcycle insurance?

Discussion in 'Insurance - Sponsored by Ducati Insurance' started by Badger, Apr 1, 2012.

1. £36.97 addition for recovery to home or destination. :rolleyes:

What comes with the policy is local recovery only. The RAC will come to you anywhere in the country and attempt to fix yr bike, then take you ten miles max to a garage or where you like.

Slippery feckers!

#61 Nelson, Nov 1, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2012
  2. Just had a massive row with them! :mad: The bloody quoting system does not state local recovery, you only discover this once you have paid and you have sight of your documents!
    I loath this kind of sneaky behaviour...Imagine if you were stuck miles from home assuming you had RAC cover only to find the nice man will only take you as far as the nearest service station or all the way home for an additional fee.
    Got a full refund (more rowing over fees) and have gone to MotorCycle Direct whom's breakdown cover is home or destination.

Thanks for the heads up Mr Wolf....:upyeah:

3. That's exactly what I did with Bennetts, I ended up going with e-bikes, everything's an extra but at least the cover and options are fairly transparent. A mate of mine who's in the insurance game reckons MCE is highly dodgy, so I've always avoided them.

4. I spoke to them re pillion cover and they adjusted the quote for an extra £40 and alss my time riding bikes, I was annoyed at the time but it's all done now

5. k9 gsxr 1000 in my wifes name, shes 37, 5 yrs ncb £134
    2002 Hornet 900 in my wifes name, 2 yrs ncb £85
    2010 Speed triple in my name, 42, with 1 yrs ncb, £175
    All fully comp
    Just been quoted for the 1098s im thinking of buying, £385 with the 2 years ncb from the speed triple soon
    Mark

6. Well I'm buggered! Got my renewal quote from ebikes yesterday, and for the first time in years the renewal quote was cheaper than last year. I normally change companies every year cos they always seem to try to fleece you when you renew. I dunno what ebikes would be like to deal with in the event of a claim, but I've never claimed on any insurance, so I'll stick with the cheapest. Makes a refreshing change not to have to spend hours getting quotes:upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  7. When I changed from my R1 to the 848 EC my comprehensive premium went up from £308 to £428 pa. :-/

8. Pillion cover, what's all that about? Its a bike designed to take two people, my cars got 5 seats but I don't have to pay extra if for that...... I've just renewed on my two KTM's, 2012 RC8R and 2012 RC8' 6 years NCD but with a ban three years ago £504.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information