1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What does owning a Ducati mean to you?

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by El Toro, Jul 29, 2012.

1. Mine means total escapism. I actually think my 848 evo was built for me :upyeah:

2. Mine's special..... Like my mum says I am :wink:

3. Tell me what you like about it and what you don't, but compromise with. I'm genuinely interested.

4. The balance is perfect, the sound is amazing, it looks beautiful from every angle. Sometimes the clutch can be heavy but that's more to do with my lack of strength. It's the first bike since my MV f4 1000, that I have total confidence in. It looks after me and has the ability to remind me gently when Im being a dick to reign it in. I wish I was a little more technically skilfull in my explanation so please except my apology.

5. If the clutch still feels heavy when you get the bike just it an oberon :upyeah:

6. My previous big bike was just inadequate. I was a far better at riding than the bike was capable of being ridden. I could sneer at it. And I wanted something finer.

My 999 sneers at me and rightly tells me I'm not even in its league, plus it is the most strikingly beautiful bike I have ever seen.

That.

7. I think the DB1 is top of my gorgeous list. It's tiny and I just love that white pearlescent paint with the metallic Italian red and green.

But I wouldn't throw the 999 out of bed.

I haven't.

8. Loz - do you get on TRC/Visordown? Or did you? Just that I recognise the username. Though I'm sure there are lots of Loz's out there :tongue:

9. No TRC or Visordown for me, but Lozzes are ten'a'penny so, yeah :biggrin:

10. El the weathers looking good at the mo you coming out tommorow ???? If it's nice that is

11. As much as I would love to I can't get out at all this week. Tomorrow evening I've got to go to Stockport. Wednesday and Thursday I'm in London on business, and Friday I'm hopefully picking up the new bike :smile:

12. Well when you pick it up drop over here .... Me and pix wanna see it and it's on the way and of course means going home via wood head / Holme top !!!!!

13. Mine are special as I've made my own. The first bikes I've gone to town on and really really loved.
    My only gripe is my 600 is wet clutch.
    I'd love a conversion one day.

14. I'd go via Holme Moss and Woodhead anyway - top roads when the traffic is light. :smile:

15. You or the bike? :wink::tongue:

16. It means I want to get out and ride, the only other to come close was the Sprint 1050, which had the same effect but although I loved that bike I just love the Duke more! How do you explain that feeling when the engine just seems to talk to you as you ride, encouraging you to explore your own as well as the bike's limits ( don't think I'm going to win that one!!!) because it just gives you so much confidence. The missus made a comment the other night that she was having to come to terms with me leaning over much more than on anything else, so I guess that she's just got under my skin!

17. How true

• Like Like x 1
  18. Ear ache from the wife! That's what it means!

19. That's what ear plugs are for...:wink:

20. I have male patern deafness.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information