1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What does owning a Ducati mean to you?

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by El Toro, Jul 29, 2012.

1. It must be agony running it in! I remember that from my last few bikes. It's the longest 1000 miles ever. Gives you time to get a feel for the bike though.

Not jealous at all! :biggrin:

2. Got to say I've never run a Jap IL4 in ever. I've literally nailed them from new and they've loved it. Never had a problem at all.

However given Ducati's being like "thoroughbred" race horses I've decided to do what they say in the manual.......just in case :tongue:

3. The pistons are much bigger in a Ducati, and the linear piston speed higher. So they need running in more, I suspect, than your average 4. I've always run mine in carefully (just did what I was told) and all my motors have been fine - never needed anything doing to them.

When you're running it in, at least you can enjoy the corners. Just don't bother slowing down for them conserving valuable mph. And enjoy the torque.

4. Agreed theres real character to the engine, something....alive, until now iv loved jap bikes and still enoy ragging the tits off it but theres something missing.
    Growing up in the 80`s trainer wars unless u had Nike or Reebok etc u just wore a pair of shoes. Only when I had a paper round could I afford to buy a pair of nike air and be apart of ther war. Honda, Yam, Kwak, suz, all just bikes, Ducati, Aprilla, MV are what as a kid you always dreamed of having.
    Living the Dream!!!!!

5. Expenditure I could do without but a big smile I couldn't live without.

6. Ask pixie what it means to own/ride one straight after her test was passed this week .... This is the reaction ... Been out three times now and out tonight with el toro ( Tarquin ) ...... Emm hasnt come down yet !!! Completely besotted ....
    [​IMG]

7. Whoa........very deep :tongue:

8. What can I say? I do that to all the girls :biggrin:

ps. Pic is just a white box with red x

9. At compo's chippy for 7

10. Excellent - see you at Compos :upyeah:

11. To me, it also now means missing a LE to JOG trip because of a knackered shock unit that has to be totally replaced. Inside 2500 miles.

12. Tarquin..??:eek:

13. And in English? :smile:

14. Land's End to John 'O Groats.

15. I bought mine because I was told it would help me get Girls? One week in....nothing. I think it's a marketing ploy, just like Lynx.

16. Worked for me ........... You must just smell , err ..... Try lynx

17. Ya karate never fails....................to clean my alloys :smile:

18. Has it helped you get boys though? :tongue:

19. Stress!!! After a tooth extraction which I hate..
    went to ride home later fried reg rec and nice newish expensive motobatt battery blown up like a balloon .

Last ride out killed its fuel sensor.
    Next ride after that vibrated its led rear light off...

After his MOT the little bastard has now cooked £160 of stuff !
    My 125 needs MOT and 400 not playing..
    car keeps being vandalised .

Seriously roller skates sound a good option at the mo.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information