1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What hobbies do you have?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by El Toro, Oct 28, 2012.

1. Apart from the obvious (all things Ducati, especially riding my Diavel), I enjoy hill walking, cooking, gardening and also power walking for charity. Mrs SH & I are walking three marathons and two half marathons in 2013. If allowed, I would like to add a link to my sponsorship page at some point. We raise money for Walk the Walk, a charity that supports treatment of breast cancer and research into causes and remedies.

If this is not appropriate for this forum, the sermon ends here. Cheers folks!

#21 Stressed Hippo, Oct 28, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2012
  2. Rugby (coaching mostly, but playing a bit), skiing with the kids, sport in general.

3. photo.jpg Timepiece making/repairing, model engineering, painting life size boogeymen inside childrens closets.

photo.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  4. I would really like to know how watches / clocks work as opposed to how to repair them. Any recommendations on books , DVDs etc.?

5. Besides Ducati's, Duck Hunting, 4wd offroading, Dirt biking, watching rugby, but most of all spending time with my Grandchildren :upyeah:

6. Bicycles; Wilier road bike, Specialized fixie, old Marin and a Pashley Guv'nor.
    Guitars; a few classic American ones
    Fly fishing; local stillwaters or the Rivers Nidd and Wharfe
    my Land Rover

7. I love snowboarding Toro :)
    since living in Thailand I do wakeboarding thou

8. Most of the books have become collectors items and are tough to find. But the BHS (brit horological socy) is right in the UK and thats what started me off 30 years ago. Find them on the web along with some very good tutorials . You also have The Master, George Daniels right in your neck of the woods.

• Like Like x 1

9. Horology is my Dads biggest passion. He began repairing clocks many years ago, then restoration. He's been making them now for about 20 years. There's always a project going on in his workshop. I'll try and get some pics of his clocks. His mate makes a lot of steam engines and trains (recently sold one for £17k at a model fair).
    Theses are fantastic hobbies and create a legacy that will li e on for generations.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Cycling: Bianchi road bike, Specialized mountain bike.
    Photography: Mainly landscapes, my dogs and occasional motor sport.
    Dogs (4 legged) training & working.

11. Disrupting musicians by playing sax
    Road cycling
    Trying to get into kitesurfing
    Stained glass work
    Generally buggering about outside

12. Apart from riding on the road, love trackdays, racing, watching them, also touring on the bike, plus either enduro or motorcross.

Outside of bikes I have two other BIG hobbies, Mountainbiking and Snowboarding, if I had to choose another life I'd love to be in Canada in the rockies just boarding all winter and MTB all summer.

Other stuff films, music the usual I guess

13. i used to have a Bianchi via Nirone 7 then upgraded to a 928. Sadly had to sell it due to my neck problem.

14. Excellent bikes, with that typical Italian style & flare. I have an Infinito with Campag group set and wheels :0)

Hope you recover well enough to be able to get another sometime soon.

15. motorbikes and cars - i enjoy fiddling/fixing them as much as using them these days.
    piano
    would have added cycling but had to stop Sept 2011 due to knee problem

16. Photography,cooking,collecting period parts for my Triton motorbikes even though I am not likely to ride them again-but collecting the parts keeps my hopes up.And a real nerdy one here,stamp collecting,early commonwealth especially St Vincent.

17. how many times do you get asked if you have any Penny Reds/Blacks Mervyn? (including this one!)

18. Hi Chris.As it is such a nerdy hobby these days not many friends know I have a collection.When I was a lad stamp collecting was very popular and the penny red/black question was often asked.I think I had a few well cancelled and battered copies which were not at all valuable.
    I still have my first Stamp Album which was a present when I was about 10.

19. Brewing and drinking beer, travel and embroidery.

20. Biking is definitely my biggest Time-Thief, but also walking my 2 dogs (was 3 til a few weeks ago). Mountaineering is a great passion, and I've been lucky enough to climb all over the world on some amazing expeditions.
    I really love cars but haven't got anything interesting at the moment. I'm constantly looking, but a lack of cash is preventing purchase!

035_35.jpg

A shot from a trip to Greenland where we made 20 First Ascents :biggrin:

035_35.jpg

• Like Like x 3
Do Not Sell My Personal Information