1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

848 What If No Second Key And Code Card?

Discussion in '848 / 1098 / 1198' started by RC1, Sep 28, 2018.

1. If you need to induce an immo fault to test bypass codes then wrap the key in tin foil. It will block the transponder from the antenna and you will get a dash MIL.

2. Hi Chris
    I’m brand new here and brand new to Ducatis. My first, a 2011 Hypermotard 796 was delivered to me today by a dealer I won’t mention. Two black keys, no tag, no card. I had no idea the code card was a thing until I read the manual tonight. Obviously this puts me in vulnerable position. I can’t PM you (yet). Might you drop me a PM and perhaps we could talk about getting my codes off my keys?
    Thanks.
    Tim

3. Check your PM

4. Hi @chrisw , my apologies for the post, but I too only have two black keys, no tag, no card on my Desmo. I am scared that these keys will be damaged and I won't be able to recover the code. Can you please PM me so we can discuss if there is anyway you can help me?

Thank you in advance, hope to hear from you soon!

• Like Like x 1
  5. Just a quick update to say thanks to Chris and underline how ridiculously easy it was to retrieve the two immo codes for my two black keys using the key reader and the Excel spreadsheet. Chris was extremely helpful throughout and all it cost was the postage. Fantastic!

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1

6. I’d like to agree with you. I too have been in touch with Chris and he has been helping me with the same issue. Chris is such a great and stand up person, very helpful and friendly. Thanks Chris! Really appreciate you

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Just bought a 2013 848 EVO with 2 black keys, a small metal tag, but no code card. Is the code card the same as the code stamped on the small metal tag?

8. No. That is the manual key number that allows a locksmith to cut a key without having a key to copy. The bypass code is only on the code card.

9. Many thanks for your swift reply to what was, probably, a very stupid question. Although it doesn't affect me at the moment, it seems that I have a problem just waiting to happen.
    Once again many thanks

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information