1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What mileage

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by Unicycler, Nov 27, 2012.

1. Just turned 23,000 miles on my 2008 Hypermotard 1100S.
    Loved every single mile!

2. 10plate, 12k.

Rear brake recall, switchgear replaced, clocks (still to be changed), coolant recall still needs to be done. Many fruitless attempts to sort out the absolutely shite fuelling and excessive consumption, including a new ECU. In the end I got CJS to remap it which has sorted the former, but it's still rather thirsty.

Currently undecided whether to keep it on next year, or try one of the new KTM 1190s

3. 2003 1000DS .....94K miles
    2nd set steering head brgs
    new fork tubes, seals.
    replaced rear shock last week
    needs a new clutch, original still works so why change it
    varoius switch "glitches" fixed, due to corrosion.
    2nd instrument panel

and still exceeds the NSL on the way to work every day.

went through a bit of flooding as deep as the wheels on Monday....never missed a beat!
    cracking bike....can't fault it

Never been to the dealer.

• Like Like x 1
  4. monster s2r800 2006 28K+ and still going strong
    apart from 1 cracked oil breather and a couple of bits i broke nothing but standard servicing

5. I'm pretty sure we need to be concentrating on 1200 engine mileage in this thread really....

6. Nah they're all broken down on side of road

7. You know, I did get the impression people were posting without checking which part of the forum they were in. The downside of the "All new posts" button :wink:

8. Apologies for starting the rot, but the point of my comparison is just to suggest that reliability should be the norm and not the exception even on a modern Multistrada. Anything less than hassle free, fit for purpose motorcycling is unacceptable imo.

• Like Like x 1
  9. June 2012 -------------895 miles-----------------what? Its the season of good will so no name calling!
    Oh, coolant done.

10. Almost 12.5k and only the ecu update in April '11
    Mine's a March 11 plate. Standard one with abs.
    Otherwise all is good( touch wood!!)

11. 2010 10k+ tip top so far just usual back brake, kill switch, coolant but cant overlook the fun i have had to boot....remember guys, its not just our bikes that have problems, look on Honda or bmw forums....just as bad

12. Well I got fed up with pushing my 2011 Multistrada, swoped it for a new triumph Speed Triple which has been trouble free so far. Loved the Ducati when it was running but the faults, un reliability, warranty visits to the dealer were just totally unacceptable. (14000 miles in 17 months)
    IMO the Multistrada will not prove a good high milage machine

• Like Like x 1
  13. 2011 done 6300 miles two up most of those miles missus loves it too .no problems so far I love it just had back brake upgrade and waiting till service for new coolant ..I think about spring ,, so far so good I'm happy so far

14. Just had the 15k service/coolant recall done on 2010 plate MTS. Only problem I've had was the red start switch which was replaced free of charge.

15. Standard Multi, June 2010, 8,000miles, warranty claims; steering lock (Unable to unlock), ex valve cable (melted outer shell). not used in wet weather which maybe explains why switch gear and dash not on my list! Extras as follows;
    Full terminal exhaust, air filter, ecu.
    Carbon fibre all over the place.
    Dp seat.
    Heated grips.
    Fatducs.

16. The reason I posted here Doodle,Eyore was to give an example of the possibilities you can get, its a man made machine....some will last a long time others have some faults. One will be dealer maintained and fail the other will be home cared for and go for miles.

Not sure what you do for a living but is all your work totaly reliable never a fault/error to be found ?
    I work in a jet engine overhaul workshop ....we are always having parts fail and we have stuff xrayed, dye pen, magnetic eddy current checked. You do your best with what you've got.

Bob even the old multis had their moments, several had engines die early because of mechanical faults and Ducati helped to get guys back on the road its not something that has just happened to the 1200 owners.

17. Had mine from new since May 2010. Has been in for all the standard recalls/updates etc. Only registered to use between March and October so no winter riding but apart from that 25k km trouble free. Way I see it is theres always going to be some fall out unfortunately and it's just luck of the draw. So far I was lucky.......

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information