1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What music are you listening to ?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Imola, May 26, 2012.

1. Sultans Of Swing - The Very Best Of Dire Straits

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  2. #2246 Ghost Rider, Oct 7, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 16, 2014
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Yay, old scooterists never die. They just prefer brakes these days.

Happy to counter balance the effect of RK in this thread.

#2248 bootsam, Oct 7, 2013
    • Like Like x 1
    #2249 El Toro, Oct 8, 2013
    • Like Like x 1
    #2250 El Toro, Oct 8, 2013
    • Like Like x 1
  6. god theme music was so dramatic back then lol, I used to like the theme music too, had an album with all the big war movie themes on like dambusters, 633 squadron, bridge too far etc when I was a kid, prob cost me 49p from woolies

7. Another little something for the ex scooterists amongst us.

#2253 bootsam, Oct 8, 2013
  8. a mate just put these up on facebook of me, 1st Weston 85 and second IOW 83, back right, jean jacket on

me weston 85.jpg

iow.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  9. LOL Weston 85 we slept in a bus shelter.

IOW 83 I got run over in my sleep in me tent as someone kipped in their car and knocked the handbrake off.

Me at Upmister MAG rally where I blitzed any number of old brit cafe racers on my AF with a stage 6 TS1 225 lump on the ride out to the bridge. Yes I would wore that helmet or i also also used to wear my RAF chopper lid. Oh the 80's you could get away with murder.

[​IMG][/URL][/IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  10. im sure our paths crossed a lot in them days as I was in Hampshire then and did loads of rallys, first Weymouth 81 up until 92ish Bridlington? , when a work mate let me take his GSXR1100L for a spin , new I had to have a bike then , bought a GSXR750L in 92, had my scoots for a few years after that as well, then a marriage breakup in 95 and kept my blade and sold my lambrettas , heavy heart but bike won , good memories though

11. Hampshire eh? undoubtedly, similar times too. used to go to a few 'do's as well as rallies. all over.

I wish i still had the AF. Original 1970 GP200 with matching numbers. Plus i used to have all the original 250 parts i took off for the TS1. It was a proper Arthur Francis S Type 250. I could easily sell that now for £8k+. I sold it for £950. Down payment on a GSX1100SD Katana. I had that still up until 2 yrs ago. If anyone thinks its a stretch to the bars on a Ducati they should try a Kat. Oh and a 19" front end with a rake. You had to 3 point turn it round a bend.

I still have a 1974 Rally 200 Electronic in my garage. Covered in dust for nearly 20yrs since.

#2258 bootsam, Oct 8, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 8, 2013
  12. yep agree they would have been fighting over an AF250 a little gem, anyone into scooters wanted an Arthur francis for sure and an Italian one , pots of money, ever do LCGB rallys at kesterfield nr okehampton

• Like Like x 1
  13. If its where that museum used to be then yes. Can't really remember anything eventful happening though. Apart from the usual drinking, breaking down, bodging the scoot to get me there and back, dancing and being sick that would normally accompany such events.

The most memorial time i ventured down that way on a scoot was to Newquay during that Hurricane we had. Jeez. I crashed 3 times on the way (blown off), was permanently drenched, was nearly killed by a runaway jaguars wheels, on way home we got stranded on Marlborough heath as we were about to run outta juice and kipped on roadside. In morning we set off again to find a 24hr 500yrds down the effin road. Crashed again on a temp road diversion and lost all my lights. It was dark, driving rain and I wasnt wearing sunglasses. Open face lid.

Bridlington. That effin hill. I swear it was a flat road but I was sooo tired. I thought my scoot was seizing up.

Oban (cant remember yr but early) was my worst. Took us 4 days to get there on L Plates. Some of the lads were on 50 supers. I was on a TV175 and me carb kept falling off. I had the AA bring me home after I placed a small piece of wood in my cylinder to emulate a seize. Stuff riding another 4 days to get home.

Those were the days.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information