1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What music are you listening to ?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Imola, May 26, 2012.

1. For when you two gals have stopped throwing tampons at each other ...

• Like Like x 1
  2. My free U2 album :)

• Like Like x 3
  4. the new one?did you nick it of the shelf at tesco?

5. Nick blimey fin I'm a lady I don't nick tut tut

6. That's better

7. like U2 heard a track the other day. not sure. getting in to a bit of this the now.

8. This song is stunning. Gives me goosebumps, no exaggeration:

• Like Like x 2
  9. the voice. bigest part of the music for me, this is braw.

• Like Like x 1
  10. in the car just now it is De JaVue :)

11. typing and driving? bad man:smile:

12. haha,, no home now mate,, don't even listen to music just now,, rain so heavy,, flooding everywhere , dark in morn dark in way home and sat nav turned right up !! ( left work early today so did not have to drive home on flooded roads in the dark,, hey what a woofter !!!! but I hate driving small raods in the dark )

13. you wouldn't like the bonawe glen rd then, spooky, every now and then i have to take it when the main roads blocked, accidents or summit, last year during the big storms in winter i sneeked through the pass when the whole of sutherlands grove had blown on to the road, i could of taken the detour over glen coe but i didn't fancy
    the 50 mile roller coaster drive of death. 100mph winds,sleet everything pitch black+ mental. wish i had. the bonawe road follows the shore just above the high tide line for about 6miles opposite tynult argyll before it heads up over the mountain, i get half way along it crawling at 20mph when the waves start coming up over the road and are getting bigger by the minute. i was not in a good place. seeing the sign pointing up the hill for barracauldin chilled me out..for about 2minutes. 1000ft up a mountain pith black the winds trying to roll me over and its snowing sideways cant see the road cant see the the drop off cant see jack. cant turn back. total bollox. another half hour to travel 5miles to the other side. coming down in to barracauldin and the forest of sutherlands grove. mixture of ancient woods and and farmed forest steep narrow twisting road dropping down to sea level on loch Creggan and the trees are starting to come down around me, i'm driving over phone cables ducking under telephone poles power lines mental.
    funny thing is tho the old Scots pine next to the pond beside the road still had the old hobnails tied by the laces swung over the biggest bow that's been there for as long as i can remember, where still there just lightly swinging in the breeze although it was Armageddon going on all around, think they belonged to somebody who drowned in the pond long time ago. anyhoo another 2 god fearing miles and i am back down to the relative safety of sea level and there's a lone copper standing in the middle of the road flagging me down and starts giving it to me that i wasn't to use road as its closed also. no shit says i.

14. Tend to just "follow" on spotify which has really thrown out some great stuff I wouldn't normally know about..digster puts some great tracks out and they automatically update as added
    Stuf like hozier, lorde, banks, haim, sam smith

All good stuff I don't listen to the "top 40" stuff

15. When the weather is biblical, Rannoch Moor has a poetic devastated beauty. The West Coast with dramatic weather is almost as beautiful when its sunny.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. I spent yesterday listening to some Genesis (yes). Digging out the vinyl.
    There was a programme on the Beeb about them a couple of days ago which sort of rekindled my interest. They didn't look like a very amusing crowd, especially Tony Banks - a bundle of laughs he is not. But they were/are fine musicians and wrote some superb songs/tracks back in the 70s.
    I've always thought that "Supper's Ready" is one of the best songs of all time and I still do.
    Sad that they have just been dismissed as "prog rock" as if that negates any value they may have had.
    Their later stuff as a threesome was pretty dire, but I'd given up listening to them by then.
    Hacket's guitar is particularly interesting - endless sustain for violin-like sounds.

17. a fella i worked with from stonehaven Aberdeenshire. was related to the guitarist from genesis. bit of useless info for you.

18. My brother was at prep school with Tony Banks. They used to swap records.
    He got a signed Trick of the Tail at the launch party (all the band).
    More useless info for you.

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information