1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What music are you listening to ?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Imola, May 26, 2012.

1. I met Tony Banks at his nephew's wedding. It was a brief meeting due to over-protective relations diving in on a completely unnecessary rescue mission. Sheesh.

The guy is horribly uptight. And hugely bitter that, as the Genesis member who was most desperate for top 40 success, he was the least successful in terms of sales. Really needs to get over himself, that one, shame though as he was a capable keyboardist and capable of some beautiful melodies.

2. That's exactly the impression that came over in the programme. There is a good Swiss expression for people who are uptight: we say that have a "balai dans le cul" - a broomstick up their arse. Banks is the epitome of someone who has a balai dans le cul.
    You could also tell that he was desperate for chart success too. He seemed to be far more proud of the later pap which had found mass success than for the sublime music he had created earlier which was clearly much more classically influenced. That's quite odd for a real artist.

3. It amused me that PG took all the credit for Supper's Ready and the Lamb lies Down on Broadway, rightly extolling them as their best work. Talk about a kick in the bollocks. I'm amazed they managed to write anything at all, given their relationship dynamic.

Carries his own bags you know, Tony Banks, my hero :Kiss:

• Like Like x 1
  5. I've been filling an enormous Hawkwind-shaped gap in my library recently. For example ...

• Like Like x 1
  6. Well, he certainly doesn't seem very rockstarish, if that's what you mean.
    I guess PG wrote the words to Supper's Ready and the Lamb was clearly all his inspiration as an idea. But I assume that the music to both was largely written by the entire band.
    They did seem to be very public schoolboyish still, very straight. No idea if PG did psychedelia (although you suspect he must have done) but it seems unlikely that the others did.

7. hi finm,, I prob at some time been on the roads which you mention , tho not under such circumstances !!,,,,,, btw,, don't get me wrong , I do like a challenge :upyeah:

8. Love Maddy Priors voice. Listen to the 'Silly Sisters' album she did with June Tabor. Magic.

9. Lots of sound for a duo!

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
    #3572 Chris, Oct 9, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2014
  13. living in peterheed is a chalange in it's self. Brrr.:smile:

14. a great little ditty.

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Dom Flemons - Milwaukee Blues

17. Pokey Lafarge - Baby's Coming to Town